Shortened Suspension

4 replies to this topic
  • Jekel

Posted November 09, 2002 - 05:52 AM

Has anyone had their suspension shortened? I'm thinking of doing this and am looking at the pros and cons??

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 09, 2002 - 07:12 AM

Jekel, I don't have my suspension shortend for me but I have ridden bikes with shortend suspension. My buddy has an XR440 that has been lowered quite a bit, the thing is PLUSH!!! What get's taken away is probably travel, you'de probably notice it going over fast whoops. You can call these guys about your suspension, I know them and they will do the greatest job you can find. Good luck :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR400_DDT

Posted November 09, 2002 - 08:58 PM

Had my suspension lowered an inch (Factory Connection) they did a great job! I have yet to bottom the rear-end and whoops are not a problem. Highly recommend if you are vertically challenged like me.

If you have more questions let me know.

• yamaharichey

Posted November 10, 2002 - 06:30 AM

Have you thought of Koubalinks, check it out at I'am 5'11 but still thinking of doing that to my Wr450 if it turns out to be as tall as the YZ450, I don't know why Yamaha has to make tham so Taaaall, CRF450's and KTM's aren't near as bad.

• Jekel

Posted November 10, 2002 - 07:25 AM

Not really the vertically challenged aspect. I'm looking at lowering the center of gravity to enhance handling, and the stops on the off cambers while climbing uphills :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.