Flywheel nut

4 replies to this topic
  • manther

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Missplaced my flywheel nut. wr400 '99. Anything special about this nut? Stainless? Etc... Probably has a flat washer-like back side... Need to go pick up a replacement at home depot. Could try Yamaha but they won't have it in stock, and they'd have to order it, and it will cost $50.

• motoxer667

Posted April 01, 2008 - 04:13 AM

If it was me I would either buy one at the dealer or look on ebay. Someone is always parting one out. They may not have it listed but you could ask them if they have one. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • manther

Posted April 01, 2008 - 07:23 AM

If it was me I would either buy one at the dealer or look on ebay. Someone is always parting one out. They may not have it listed but you could ask them if they have one. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

I know you're right about the fact that I should get one that is made for the job... But, I don't want to wait on shipping of any sort. I was planning on buying something tonight.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 01, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Consider that if the flywheel comes loose due to the wrong nut it will likely destroy the stator and possibly the starter clutch. Big $$$$$. IMO get the right part!

• manther

Posted April 01, 2008 - 11:02 AM

Found the flywheel nut. But when I called Yamaha they said go to home depot... Not sure what I would have done. Just glad I don't have to decide now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.