08 YZ450 fell out of gear

6 replies to this topic
  • CRFsean

Posted March 31, 2008 - 07:25 PM

I was letting my friend ride my 08 YZ450 at sand mountain this past weekend to do a few small jumps on it and he nearly crashed it. He came up to the jump in 3rd gear and nose dived pretty bad. He said that the bike just fell out of gear on him and went into neutral. I was worried at first but, I considered a few things:

1. The bike is still new
2. He may have hit the shifter with his boot(tech10s-not a lot of bike feel)
3. Transmission may not have been deburred all the way??
4. Is it possible that he didn't shift it into gear all the way?

I am not really worried right now, the bike has never acted up on me at all. Nor did it for the rest of the weekend. Any thoughts?

• Racer808

Posted March 31, 2008 - 07:28 PM

when my 08 was new it would hit neatral very easy, but only if I hit the shifter, now thats it broken in it doesnt.

• CRFsean

Posted March 31, 2008 - 07:30 PM

thats different. He said he had his feet already planted on the pegs for the jump and it just fell out of gear and went into neutral.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Family Man

Posted March 31, 2008 - 09:06 PM

He most likely clicked it into neutral with his foot.

• MxWFO

Posted April 01, 2008 - 06:31 AM

If he rides on the arches of his feet it would still be possible to have his feet planted and still be able to accidentally hit the shifter.

• Wiz636

Posted April 01, 2008 - 08:43 AM

Yet another reason why you don't let friends ride your bike. :prof: If something is going to happen to your bike it is invariably going to happen when somebody else is riding it...it's like the bike can sense it or something!

• wes782

Posted April 01, 2008 - 05:30 PM

what i want to know is how do you think tech 10s dont have any bike feel?! they are the most sensitive boots ever!

but i wouldnt worry about it

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.