FMF Pipe

25 replies to this topic
  • aaronstewart

Posted September 26, 2008 - 11:28 PM

I say "louder the better" cause I am tired of almost getting t-boned by some girly man with his quiet pipe, coming down a cross trail that crosses mine, and I dont know hes coming cause his bike is quiet. Loud pipes do save lives, obviously those of you who think different, are the guys who ride their bike 2 times a year. I ride 4 times a month or more, which increases my chance of hitting one of you silent runners. Enough said..... OOPS, by the way, I too like the WHITE BROTHERS PIPE, OR A FMF POWERCORE, OR A BIG GUN. Gotta hear it... yeah.....:lame:

• jandmsuburban7

Posted September 26, 2008 - 11:53 PM

Hi, I have the Factory 4 and power bomb on my wifes WR 250 and the PowerCore 4 with power bomb on my WR 450. I like the performance but would love to try the DR. D. I also think that with the power bomb you can achieve less than 96dcb. Jason

• jandmsuburban7

Posted September 26, 2008 - 11:55 PM

I put the high temp silicone at every available joint and have had no problems with leak. I would never not use it with these powerplants either!! Jason

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 27, 2008 - 09:20 AM

I say "louder the better" cause I am tired of almost getting t-boned by some girly man with his quiet pipe, coming down a cross trail that crosses mine, and I dont know hes coming cause his bike is quiet. Loud pipes do save lives, obviously those of you who think different, are the guys who ride their bike 2 times a year. I ride 4 times a month or more, which increases my chance of hitting one of you silent runners. Enough said..... OOPS, by the way, I too like the WHITE BROTHERS PIPE, OR A FMF POWERCORE, OR A BIG GUN. Gotta hear it... yeah.....:lame:

The loud pipe saves lives thing was made up years ago by the drunken and rebellious harley crowd who wanted to justify their excessive noise.

Aaron, if you pipe is so loud, how will you hear the other guys pipe. When at moving speed, I can only hear guys if they are no more than 10 near me. btw... nobody really rides that close to me unless they are passing me in a race.

Can't you avoid getting t-boned by checking the trail crossings before you go flying though. The "girly man" can't be going that fast, can he/she?

• Himsa123

Posted October 02, 2008 - 09:42 AM

+1 on the powercore. Just installed the slip on yesterday, what a difference. Quick question for you fellas, im supposed to hit the track on saturday and im not able to jet my bike until sunday do you guys think ill be alright with the stock jetting that one day?
-07 WR 450 shortened throttle screw, disconnected grey wire, FMF powercore slip on, stock jetting.

• Strattos

Posted October 06, 2008 - 02:33 AM

I've just fitted my 4.1 to an 08 Wr450. Fit was perfect. Just one question for those who have one though. The rear mount, near the seat bolts - did you guys use a washer? Strictly following the directions that came with the pipe there's no mention of using any washer. At present I've just bolted it straight to the sub-frame with no washer between bolt and slip-on or between slip-on and sub-frame. Did you guys do the same?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.