California Check digit in VIN

1 reply to this topic
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted December 01, 2000 - 04:20 PM

I was in a Harley shop yesterday and noticed every bike on the floor has a `3` in the 8th position in the VIN number. The current myth is if the 8th digit is a `3` or a `C` the California DMV will not issue a green sticker or license plate.
If this is true how can Harley's get plated in CA???
Does anyone have the inside line on the DMV rules in CA? I thought I was up to speed on current rules but this has me wondering what's up.

Dan Yuknavage,
Slightly Pissed at the DMV.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 01, 2000 - 08:39 PM

The red sticker progam is only for off road bikes,street bikes are not part of it, think about it, doesn't make any sence street bike are on the the roads a lot more then drit bikes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.