What do you call the suspension part that..

4 replies to this topic
  • kreativecid

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:16 AM


At yesterday's race, friends and I were debating what the part of the suspension that connects the swingarm to the shock is called.

I know Yamaha calls it a relay arm on their microfiche, but what is the generally accepted name? I thought it was a "rocker" but when I called for bearings and asked for "rocker bearings" the parts guy said, "oh you mean bearings for the link." But it's not a link. Or is it?

Dogbone? Rocker? Link? Rocker link? Connecting arm?

Obviously not a level 1 priority, but for the sake of argument (which I know my riding buds will bring up again, ha)....

  • 06crf_er

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:22 AM




Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simica

Posted March 31, 2008 - 02:02 PM



  • William1

Posted March 31, 2008 - 02:20 PM


There are two parts. The rocker and the dog bones. Together, they are the linkage.

  • MaxPower

Posted March 31, 2008 - 02:49 PM


[COLOR="Green"]I always called that a wizzel wuzzle[/COLOR]


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.