06 yz450f exhaust

4 replies to this topic
  • OLINyz450f

Posted March 30, 2008 - 01:32 PM

I just bought an White Bros.E2 slip on exhaust on Ebay for my 06 and the seller stated it was for a 06-07 yz450f. Well everything bolted up fine except for where it slips on to the stock head pipe. The WB muffler pipe was a larger diameter than the stock 06 head pipe and the stock clamp is too large, the instructions that came with thr pipe stated it was for an 07. what can I do to make this work? will an 07 head pipe work on a 06 head? thanks for any help with this.

• KJ790

Posted March 30, 2008 - 07:07 PM

The 07 had a larger headpipe than the 06. The only thing I can suggest is that I know FMF pipes come with a spacer that slips in the larger diameter midpipe and makes the diameter smaller for the 06 header, this way they can use the same slip on for 06-08 even though the headers are different diameters. You could make one yourself if you are good with a lathe, or you could call FMF and see if you can get one from them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OLINyz450f

Posted March 30, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the help,I found a 07 stock pipe but was not sure it would fit my 06

• jsgriffey1

Posted March 31, 2008 - 08:15 AM

If you use the 07 Head pipe it will probably lean your bke out and you will be looking at a rejet situation. I had the same problem with my bike when I purchased a FMF 4.1 slip on for my 06. I work in manufacturing so I measured the head pipe OD and the mid pipe ID and had our machne shop make a spacer. If you have the dimension any shop could turn one out in no time and very cheap. Another route is contact FMF for the spacer, I think it runs about $25.00 and FMF does sale this spacer sepratly.

• KJ790

Posted March 31, 2008 - 10:19 AM

I can check and see if I have an extra FMF spacer laying around for that size. Every FMF pipe for an 06-08 YZF comes with a spacer, so I may have an extra.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.