Pc Racing Flo Oil Filter or Scotts?

16 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted March 30, 2008 - 10:48 AM

hey guys.. just recieved my latest Transworld MX mag and noticed in the hook up area the Pc Racing Flo stainless oil filter.. im in the market for a stainless oil filter. was thinking scotts but the pc is at half the cost. Does anyone have any experiance with this filter.. is it any good. acording to the webisite it can filter up to 35 microns. Is this a good oil filter or should i just get a scotts? thanks
josh

• bigbluerider4life

Posted March 30, 2008 - 04:55 PM

ive been using one for more than one bike(07 and 08)...no issues and reusable for life, a very good product IMO and half the cost of an outrageous scotts filter

• crayztwentyseven

Posted March 30, 2008 - 06:49 PM

I just bought a 07 450 and I also picked up one of these pc racing reusable filters, I was very skeptical but I have changed the oil once so far and the filter seems to be working well

• grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2008 - 07:39 PM

In looking at all of the copy-cats, the most common thing I see is off-shore manufacture, seams that are folded only (Scotts welds theirs) and a reduced amount of filter media compared with the Scotts. Say what you want, I haven't sen one yet match the Scotts overall quality.

But I haven't looked at the PC filter. Maybe there really is a free lunch. :prof:

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 31, 2008 - 12:07 PM

acording to the site.. the pc filters are also welded.. im gunna call up a local shop and see if they carry both and then check the quality of um before i make my purchase.. thanks guys.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 04, 2008 - 08:32 AM

Grey, is there a post that explains in detail why the Scotts filters are better than stock?...The parts guy at Del Amo said I'd be better off just using the stock filter, and I even though I don't agree, I just kind of kept my mouth shut about it since I didn't have any "technical specifics" to call him out on...

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:33 AM

Grey, is there a post that explains in detail why the Scotts filters are better than stock?...The parts guy at Del Amo said I'd be better off just using the stock filter, and I even though I don't agree, I just kind of kept my mouth shut about it since I didn't have any "technical specifics" to call him out on...

Yes, there is. From Common Threads:

http://www.thumperta...297#post4676297

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:40 AM

Thanks! I'll print that and pass it on...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:43 AM

You're probably better off just ignoring the parts guy instead of trying to convert him, but he may be more open minded than some.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 04, 2008 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, he's a good guy, and will appreciate the info...Because when I asked him why I should stick with stock, he didn't really have an answer...That's when I knew it'd be a "Chevy vs. Ford" discussion, and just kept my mouth shut...But if I have a chance to educate a shop guy even in the least, I'm going to...Plus I'm not the kind of guy that will just throw it in his face and say, "Here! this is why you're wrong!"...I'll just say "Hey I printed out the differences between the filters, if you want to check this out"...And just let him draw his own conclusions...Me? I'm going to pick up a Scotts!

• SXP

Posted April 04, 2008 - 11:46 AM

...That's when I knew it'd be a "Chevy vs. Ford" discussion...

That's like choosing between the lesser of the two evils - a wash really, IMO. But, in the case of the filters, one is clearly a superior product. Now, if you had said Chevy vs. Toyota..........:prof:

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 01:35 PM

That's like choosing between the lesser of the two evils - a wash really, IMO. But, in the case of the filters, one is clearly a superior product. Now, if you had said Chevy vs. Toyota..........:bonk:

I see the same clear winner in either case...:prof:

But we're off topic.

• SXP

Posted April 04, 2008 - 03:30 PM

I see the same clear winner in either case...:prof:

But we're off topic.

That was a dig at the "Chevy vs. Ford discussion" analogy. Chevy vs. Toyota would have been a better analogy. Just trying to stir the pot......

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 03:35 PM

Just trying to stir the pot......

Yeah, you WR guys are always coming over here trying to start stuff.....:bonk:

:prof:

• SXP

Posted April 04, 2008 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, you WR guys are always coming over here trying to start stuff.....:bonk:

:prof:

It's awfully slow/quiet on our side of the house.

• grayracer513

Posted April 04, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Technical forums can be that way when the focus is on a bike that doesn't have a lot of technical problems. :prof:

• Slinkyman16

Posted April 04, 2008 - 05:29 PM

Technical forums can be that way when the focus is on a bike that doesn't have a lot of technical problems. :prof:

you can say that again..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.