Pc Racing Flo Oil Filter or Scotts?

hey guys.. just recieved my latest Transworld MX mag and noticed in the hook up area the Pc Racing Flo stainless oil filter.. im in the market for a stainless oil filter. was thinking scotts but the pc is at half the cost. Does anyone have any experiance with this filter.. is it any good. acording to the webisite it can filter up to 35 microns. Is this a good oil filter or should i just get a scotts? thanks

josh

In looking at all of the copy-cats, the most common thing I see is off-shore manufacture, seams that are folded only (Scotts welds theirs) and a reduced amount of filter media compared with the Scotts. Say what you want, I haven't sen one yet match the Scotts overall quality.

But I haven't looked at the PC filter. Maybe there really is a free lunch. :prof:

Grey, is there a post that explains in detail why the Scotts filters are better than stock?...The parts guy at Del Amo said I'd be better off just using the stock filter, and I even though I don't agree, I just kind of kept my mouth shut about it since I didn't have any "technical specifics" to call him out on...

Grey, is there a post that explains in detail why the Scotts filters are better than stock?...The parts guy at Del Amo said I'd be better off just using the stock filter, and I even though I don't agree, I just kind of kept my mouth shut about it since I didn't have any "technical specifics" to call him out on...

Yes, there is. From Common Threads:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4676297#post4676297

Yeah, he's a good guy, and will appreciate the info...Because when I asked him why I should stick with stock, he didn't really have an answer...That's when I knew it'd be a "Chevy vs. Ford" discussion, and just kept my mouth shut...But if I have a chance to educate a shop guy even in the least, I'm going to...Plus I'm not the kind of guy that will just throw it in his face and say, "Here! this is why you're wrong!"...I'll just say "Hey I printed out the differences between the filters, if you want to check this out"...And just let him draw his own conclusions...Me? I'm going to pick up a Scotts!

...That's when I knew it'd be a "Chevy vs. Ford" discussion...

That's like choosing between the lesser of the two evils - a wash really, IMO. But, in the case of the filters, one is clearly a superior product. Now, if you had said Chevy vs. Toyota..........:prof:

I see the same clear winner in either case...:prof:

But we're off topic.

That was a dig at the "Chevy vs. Ford discussion" analogy. Chevy vs. Toyota would have been a better analogy. Just trying to stir the pot......