exhaust insert

3 replies to this topic
  • gunrunner

Posted April 30, 2002 - 05:02 AM

does anybody know if the baja designs exhaust insert works with the stock spark arester or is it a spark arester also.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 30, 2002 - 09:36 PM

The stock WR exhaust has an internal spark arrestor. The Baja tip slides ride in with no interference. Pull the three bolts on the end of the exhaust and you can pull out the spark arrestor and inspect it. Buy the Baja tip.....they work good, and keep things quiet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AZWR426

Posted April 30, 2002 - 03:21 PM

What is the difference between the Baja Designs tip and the Vortip? Mark

• Tim_in_WA

Posted April 30, 2002 - 08:11 PM

I have tried both tips. My buddy has the Baja tip, and I run the Vortip. Very subtle differences between them. Both sewing machine quiet. The vortip turns down toward the ground more, and "might" be just a hair quieter. I couldn't tell any difference in perfomance between the two.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.