Trans Trouble

My 06 450 feels like the chain is sliping in 4th and 5th. My mech said its might be a shifter fork. Since I have never done the top end, I quess its time to break it down anyone every ran into this and know of anything else to look for, that might be causing the trouble?

Realize that the shifter fork check will require a splitting of the cases so I would double check everything else before you dive into that. If you do have to tear it apart, at least you'll have the opportunity to put in a new cam chain and probably throw in some new piston rings as well. Good Luck.

Actually. it sounds like the trans itself. The indexing pawl could be involved, but if it has a jerking feel under a load in anu particular gear, it's generally because the locking lugs on the sides of the gear are worn. This condition normally leads to a damaged shift fork (instead of the other way around)

GRAYRACER513 is right split the case I had two set of gears bad and two shift forks bent. So since its apart I am going to put a new crank and piston in.Trans parts are going to cost 215.00 my cost. Seams like you could buy a hole trans for that price. My wife going to kill me if she sees the bill.