Easy question for 650L guru's

5 replies to this topic
  • tgstoken

Posted March 28, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Ok, really dumb, easy question here. What exactly does the little turnable knob on the rear shock reservoir of my 650L do? Rebound? I am no noob, but I cant feel any difference with it adjusted in different ways.

• martinfan30

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Ok, really dumb, easy question here. What exactly does the little turnable knob on the rear shock reservoir of my 650L do? Rebound? I am no noob, but I cant feel any difference with it adjusted in different ways.

Rebound, yes.

You should be able to notice the rebound feel. Try noting your current position, and set it all the way hard and ride it. THen set it full soft.

You'll notice it then!

• tgstoken

Posted March 28, 2008 - 10:35 AM

Ok, cool. BTW, my '93 L with 8k miles still runs like new, and rips.:prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 28, 2008 - 11:31 AM

Seems you really need to get the right springs for your weight before you can really get good adjustment out of those settings.

I am guilty of that! Need to do it soon...

• tgstoken

Posted March 28, 2008 - 02:28 PM

Ya, 200lbs before gear is a little too much for the stock suspension.

• martinfan30

Posted March 28, 2008 - 02:36 PM

Ya, 200lbs before gear is a little too much for the stock suspension.

I got another 30 on ya!:prof:
6'5"

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.