best Maxxis front tire for sand and mud?

3 replies to this topic
  • btray

Posted March 28, 2008 - 08:57 AM

Ride a yz 450 f 04 modelL Looking to change my front tire...using Maxxis on back and very pleased...whats the best for sand and mud...live in Southeast Texas. Conditions on my track or sand and some clay but probabaly not enough to make a difference...ride in woods lots of sand and sandy mud. Also what's the best size 80/120 21in or something else....brother tried a bigger tire and it's hard to steer and pulls it from his hands some times in rough stuff.

Thanks for any input

• KAS

Posted March 28, 2008 - 09:00 AM

Maxxis SI's are great soft terrain tires.

There is also the Maxxis SM, but they are for extreme mud conditions. The rear looks like a paddle, the front is all spikes.

80/100-21 is pretty much it for the front, unless you wanna go wider with an 90/90-21.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • btray

Posted March 28, 2008 - 11:23 AM

Thanks, Bill

• Birdy426

Posted March 28, 2008 - 04:00 PM

I've also had good luck with the SI, but in Cali desert terrain. Everything from hardpack to sand washes. Doesn't bite too well on sand covered hard pack...but then again, what does?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.