Replacement cables

3 replies to this topic
  • PapaSmurf

Posted April 29, 2002 - 12:47 PM

Did some work on the carb this weekend and found out the hard way that the lower cable is starting to fray about 1/2" from the end pin (wire strand embedded in the fingertip sucks!!). I'm going to replace the throttle cables and maybe the clutch cable and was wondering if any of y'all have recommendation on new ones - Terrycable, Motion Pro, stock??? Any info and opinions are greatlly appreciated!!!! :)

• PapaSmurf

Posted April 30, 2002 - 05:10 AM

Bump! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MOmilkman

Posted April 30, 2002 - 05:37 AM

I tried the steel braided Terrycale clutch cable and the quality and beffyness of the cable is excellent.

However, the cable (not the housing) is too long and I had to make a special piece to extend the housing so I could make adjustments to the freeplay on my lever. Im sure I got the right cable. Has anyone else had this problem with a Terrycable cable?

• jbird

Posted April 30, 2002 - 07:59 AM

Just my opinion but I wouldn't use anything other than the Motion Pro T2 cables. They are the ones with the grey housing. Never had a problem with these.

Jon

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.