4 replies to this topic
  • EarlT

Posted March 27, 2008 - 04:38 PM

How good are Excel wheels?

See for your self >>>.

What say You?

• Norge

Posted March 27, 2008 - 04:59 PM

I say they have been used and abused (as they should be). Rear rim is factory. I would look for a nicer set than those in the ad.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maroast

Posted March 27, 2008 - 05:11 PM

Rear rim is factory.

...and comes with a pretty awesome crack in it..... I'd feel pretty comfortable doing +90mph on that wheel :prof:

The rear does not appear to have any flat spots but there is a small crack as shown

Hey, at least there are no flat spots on the rear!

• Coolidge

Posted March 29, 2008 - 09:10 AM

Excel wheels are good, cracked Excel wheels, no good! I recently added Excel wheels w/Talon hubs and spline drive HD spokes to my 97 XR600R. I did the ebay thing and didnt pay much for them. Otherwise new, they probably been more than my purchase price on bike. I really like the looks besides my old stock frt rim was tweaked making it annoying on the street to ride.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Also using Talon 'groovelite' sprocket on rear, Talon steel sprocket on frt w/DID O-ring chain

• riding4life162

Posted March 29, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Id probably pass on this auction. I also think that the xr stock rims are prone to cracking, my rear had a crack almost exactly like that one.

Related Content

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.