WR450F 2-trac - any experience?

2 replies to this topic
  • JMo

Posted March 27, 2008 - 03:02 AM

Hi there, just popped over from the Honda section, and am considering going blue for my next project:

Just wondering if any of you guys have any experience with/own a WR450F 2-trac? I'm not sure they were available in the US (or many were sold at least!) but here in the UK there are a few brand new unregistered '04 bikes for sale at a much better price than the original SRP and I was considering one as a basis for a rallye bike?

Silly idea or no?

Opinions (based on fact/experience) please...

JennyMo xxx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MarshalGiles

Posted March 27, 2008 - 04:15 AM

I can't help you specifically with your question, but it might help to post this question over at ADVrider.com. They seem to have more experience with rally-type bikes. I've seen some 2-trac info over there in the Thumpers section from time to time.

edit: I do know that the 2-trac was used as the basis for Yamaha's Dakar rally bikes, so it's not a silly idea.

• pcmech2

Posted March 27, 2008 - 01:55 PM

i contacted ohlins, about this, as an aftermaket item an dthey replied they are not available in the us as an aftermaket item. i saw on ebay... maybe 1-2 months ago there was a wr450 w/ one and it looked really bitchin. how come the wouldnt sell it here? i mean even i would have no problem ordering the system internationally. contact ohlins @ http://www.ohlins.co...42/Default.aspx

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.