DR.D Specifically the SS\Aluminum Full System

5 replies to this topic
  • FriscoKLR

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:49 PM

I read all the raves about the DR.D pipe but its not ofter explained which of their pipes are being reviewed or commented on. I'm looking at the SS w\aluminum silencer mainly for the price, is there any advantage in performance with the TI other than the small weight savings? How's the durability of the SS header?

Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:59 PM

Weight's the only performance gain with Ti. But it does turn a bunch of really cool shades of blue when it heats up. The SS header is significantly tougher.

• nap__kxf

Posted March 26, 2008 - 08:24 PM

my ss header has turned into a bunch of cool colors. especially after i caught my brand new fox leathers on them when i had to bulldog down a hill. i haven't had a chance to test the durability (knock on wood) but i do want to get a guard so i don't ruin my leathers again, but hell, every header will get hot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racer808

Posted March 27, 2008 - 03:45 AM

I used to be a Dr D guy, now I am a Yoshimura guy. I think the power gains are better, durable as heck, and the best part is, its the only pipe I know of that clears the oil filter so you dont have to move the header to change your oil filter. plus it comes with a really cool yosh heat shield. The RS-2 is the same price as the Dr D SS

• NOMADAK

Posted June 14, 2008 - 07:00 PM

I'm resurrecting this thread with my post. I just got my Dr. D pipe stainless/aluminum combo. I chose the lo-boy head pipe because I went with the radiator lowering kit too.

Whoa NELLY! Very impressed with the gains made thus far. I haven't even re-jetted yet. I have a 170 main, needle on 3rd clip, , 45 pilot, air screw turned 2.5 times out. The fit was perfect. No gasket needed between the head pipe and the muffler. It fits like a glove.

I noticed substantial gains off the bottom through the mid range over stock. My old stock header had a few dents but nothing serious. My old muffler was in bad need of re-packing too. Feels like it has more on top too but no need to rev the piss out of the bike when it is making this much power down low.

A great buy that I couldn't be more pleased with.

The only negative I can come up with is that my boot has scuffed the labeling on the pipe getting on the bike. All my OWN fault!

• steve_97060

Posted June 14, 2008 - 09:15 PM

I'm resurrecting this thread with my post. I just got my Dr. D pipe stainless/aluminum combo. I chose the lo-boy head pipe because I went with the radiator lowering kit too.

Whoa NELLY! Very impressed with the gains made thus far. I haven't even re-jetted yet. I have a 170 main, needle on 3rd clip, , 45 pilot, air screw turned 2.5 times out. The fit was perfect. No gasket needed between the head pipe and the muffler. It fits like a glove.

I noticed substantial gains off the bottom through the mid range over stock. My old stock header had a few dents but nothing serious. My old muffler was in bad need of re-packing too. Feels like it has more on top too but no need to rev the piss out of the bike when it is making this much power down low.

A great buy that I couldn't be more pleased with.

The only negative I can come up with is that my boot has scuffed the labeling on the pipe getting on the bike. All my OWN fault!

I noticed the same thing when I installed the DRD pipe, it's a great pipe.. I also have the rad lowering kit, it helped with cornering...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.