Carb Breather Hose Filter

6 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted March 26, 2008 - 03:45 PM

On account of this thread http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=574328, I decided to try this http://www.7602racing.com/prod_t6cf.php. I've had it for a couple of months, but just got around to installing it. Here are some pics of the product on my bike:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, I just need a couple of hours of dry, dusty desert conditions to test it.

• crooks420

Posted March 26, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Please post what you find when you open that filter to clean it.

Jesse

• GCannon

Posted March 27, 2008 - 07:38 AM

I have so many questions where to start.

Does the vent hose in the middle of the filter which goes up (top of filter) go to the air box or high on the frame? is this the same hose that breaks the vacuum when the other (lower) hose ends are under water to prevent stalling?

Are the Tee's for the upper vent hoses gone?

Man that thing looks super cool!

I don't know why I am so intrigued by this but just yesterday I was looking at this http://www.pcracingu...rventsystem.php in the store. Your set up looks way cooler and those hoses are cool. Nice post!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mvryder

Posted March 27, 2008 - 07:54 AM

I got one too, and I started to install it. One (Seinfeld like) complaint. The darn hose that comes with it is really stiff and hard to work with. The OEM hose is really nice and flexible and easy to work with....the stuff in that kit is break your fingers hard to deal with. I don't understand why the kit cant get the same quality hose that comes on the bike.

• SXP

Posted March 27, 2008 - 11:38 AM

Does the vent hose in the middle of the filter which goes up (top of filter) go to the air box or high on the frame?

Both middle upper and lower hoses go up into the frame some place out of the way, but not in the airbox (per the instructions).

is this the same hose that breaks the vacuum when the other (lower) hose ends are under water to prevent stalling?

Yes, the purpose of the upper and lower middle hose is to break the vacuum in the event of water submersion.

Are the Tee's for the upper vent hoses gone?

No, you replace the hoses exactly as you take them off.

• SXP

Posted March 27, 2008 - 11:41 AM

The darn hose that comes with it is really stiff and hard to work with

Use the tip in the instruction. Dip the hose ends in a cup of very hot water - it makes the installation much easier. I also sprayed a little silicone lube in the hose ends and on the nipples to help lube things along.

One (Seinfeld like) complaint

Mine is that the two Allen bolts keeping the two halves of the filter together are SAE and not metric. What's up with that?:prof:

• mvryder

Posted March 27, 2008 - 12:36 PM

Mine is that the two Allen bolts keeping the two halves of the filter together are SAE and not metric. What's up with that?:prof:

Oh man, yeah...I second that!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.