Mounting Cycra handguards Front brake problems

4 replies to this topic
  • Cracker_Box

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Since the brake line/banjo fitting is at the bottom of the master cylinder I was wondering what you guys have done to make your handguards fit?
I know that someone ele has had to have the same problem. I do not feel like running my lever pointing at the sky or the ground.

Any tips?

• Evad101

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:12 PM

You can grind off the nub that holds the line in 1 position, rotate the line so it clears giving you more room.

I added bar risers so it was not an issue with mine.

FYI, mine are triple clamp mounts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • erickdj

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:13 PM

Since the brake line/banjo fitting is at the bottom of the master cylinder I was wondering what you guys have done to make your handguards fit?
I know that someone ele has had to have the same problem. I do not feel like running my lever pointing at the sky or the ground.

Any tips?

I have those handguards on my 07 wr. You might have to loosen up the banjo bolt a little bit to adjust the angle, in the end you might have to make some kind of compromise on the angle of the brake/handguard. I'm assuming you have the bar mounts, someone with triple clamp mounts might have something different to suggest.

• race32

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:15 PM

I've done mine 2 differnt ways. 1) turn the brake line over at the M/C to make it point out of the M/C the other way and 2) take it out of the 2 guides at the M/C and and put it on the top guide.

• KennyMc

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:20 PM

I went with the side triple clamp mount. You still need to a bit of grinding to get them to fit. The end result is no interferance whatsoever. You are free to have the levers at any angle.

The do also have a U handle bar mount. I haven't heard how much more freedom they offer offer.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=515502

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.