No Oil Screen Inside Clutch Cover: 84 XR500R

4 replies to this topic
  • DGXR

Posted March 26, 2008 - 11:16 AM

Recently put a new clutch in my 1984 XR500R and noticed that there was no oil screen to clean out. People here on TT mention cleaning this part anytime the cover is off so I looked for it but did not see any screen or filter. Never had any problems with this bike and everything inside the cover looked super clean and tight. Is this something to be concerned about?

• cleonard

Posted March 26, 2008 - 11:28 AM

I',m pretty sure that there is supposed to be one. It is at the very bottom just in front of the clutch and aft of the oil pump. It should be held in with a 6mm bolt. You really can't see much of it when installed.

Not too much to worry about though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 26, 2008 - 12:11 PM

i looked at the microfiche and didnt find anywhere that shows a screen????? good thing you got an oil filter still LOL

• cleonard

Posted March 26, 2008 - 12:29 PM

Here is the crankcase microfiche for the 84 XR500R. It it part number 4.

xr500r-crank.GIF
This is a thumbnail. Click it to see full size.

• Denn10

Posted March 26, 2008 - 01:44 PM

wow i looked right at that pic but didnt see that screen shoulda paid a little more attention and zoomed.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.