NJ, Southern NJ, Delaware, S.E. PA XR650L guys!

35 replies to this topic
  • Bibleman

Posted March 29, 2008 - 05:32 AM

I agree Fit (hope you don't mind the nickname:prof: ), due to financial reasons I had to let a few toys go a little while back. Royal Star Venture and hopped up FZ1 are no longer here. The XR on the other hand.....

• martinfan30

Posted March 29, 2008 - 06:48 AM

I agree Fit (hope you don't mind the nickname:prof: ), due to financial reasons I had to let a few toys go a little while back. Royal Star Venture and hopped up FZ1 are no longer here. The XR on the other hand.....

Sorry to hear...

Looks like you kept the right bike!

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:05 PM

no problem with the nickname. fitpays is my email add on yahoo, and my im too. i own a gym, so FITness PAYS the bills. hence "fitpays". no problem calling me "FIT" though. i've been called a lot worse. just ask my girlfriend!!!!! LOL. there's probably a couple guys on this forum that would have some other stuff to call me too. hahahaha. seriously though, everyone on here is great. hopefully we can put this meeting together for all of us near ant's place. he is in delran. does anyone know of any legal offroad riding like at the pines or something?

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:11 PM

no problem with the nickname. fitpays is my email add on yahoo, and my im too. i own a gym, so FITness PAYS the bills. hence "fitpays". no problem calling me "FIT" though. i've been called a lot worse. just ask my girlfriend!!!!! LOL. there's probably a couple guys on this forum that would have some other stuff to call me too. hahahaha. seriously though, everyone on here is great. hopefully we can put this meeting together for all of us near ant's place. he is in delran. does anyone know of any legal offroad riding like at the pines or something?

Have you decided on all your plastics and lighting yet?

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:29 PM

yeah, i hope like hell i remember to take some before pics. i plan to put a thread up that will show pics of the mods and detail where the stuff came from and how much it cost. i got a red 2003 tank and shrouds in mint condition from ebay for only $60 shipped. i got a ufo xr400 front fender in red for $27 shipped from ebay. the crowning jewel is the rear fender. it is a red crf450x rear with a dual stage led tail light and brake light in it. it was only like $60 shipped. i'll just have to paint the side panels black with some flex paint. look for my new thread tonight asking where the heck to get the headlight plastic????? i might paint it with the panels for a temporary deal. there is a little piece missing from it though.

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:36 PM

Nice. Just remember, with the XR4oo front fender, you will have to use some washers/shims on the two rear bolts(between fender and triple clamp)to get the rear of the fender to clear the head pipes.

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:41 PM

good looking out, rich. i was unaware of that! i am still waiting for the front fender. i am hoping to have it this weekend so i can make all the changes on sunday. i just gotta take my time with the paint on the side panels.

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:48 PM

good looking out, rich. i was unaware of that! i am still waiting for the front fender. i am hoping to have it this weekend so i can make all the changes on sunday. i just gotta take my time with the paint on the side panels.

Instead of paint, you may want to consider a more permanent approach.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=611365

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Huffa 2

Posted April 02, 2008 - 06:57 PM

94 XR650L (I'll probably have the "oldest" one)

I'm about 30 mintes N of Allentown PA, Slatington PA to be exact, I'd be interested in the ride for sure.

" we're talkign about meeting up at ott's or another watering hole in the delran area. "

delran area .......:prof: Where is that, what town is near by ?

How long we talking here, :bonk: a month from now or so ?

All back road riding or what ?

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:08 PM

for the time being, we're talking about meeting for beers and some tech talk. maybe a little ride on some local roads too. i'd love to find some fire roads or legal woods to ride or something. we have been talking about around delran, nj for now. we'll keep this thread going and figure something out. i would say probably shooting for may when we are sure of some better weather. if you have some trail riding or something near you, let us know.

• Huffa 2

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:30 PM

I used to ride a loooong time ago down at Blackwood NJ, has that been closed for decades now?

Delran, is that real cityish there ? By the areil view it sort of looks it to me?

Your not far from New Hope, what about meeting there and hanging outside having beers, I hate sitting inside if it's a nice day. Just an idea of course.

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:36 PM

actually i have never been to new hope, but i have heard good stuff about it -especially for hanging outside. like i said, we'll keep this going and figure it out as soon as the weather is good. for a ride that far from me, i might have to bring the R1 instead! LOL.

• Huffa 2

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:40 PM

actually i have never been to new hope, but i have heard good stuff about it -especially for hanging outside. like i said, we'll keep this going and figure it out as soon as the weather is good. for a ride that far from me, i might have to bring the R1 instead! LOL.

NH that far from you, how far ?

New Hope is cool man :prof:

:bonk: If your single, lots of nice ladies to check out & meet, bikes too of course!

• fitpays

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:52 PM

sounds great to me! new hope is an hour and a half from me so i'll have to give some thought to which bike to bring.

• Huffa 2

Posted April 02, 2008 - 11:20 PM

sounds great to me! new hope is an hour and a half from me so i'll have to give some thought to which bike to bring.

Bring the XRL, 90 minutes isn't a bad ride at all ! :prof:

In fact the XRL laughs at such a short ride !

Looks like I may FINALLY get to meet you Bibleman!

• Bibleman

Posted April 03, 2008 - 05:32 AM

Long overdue!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.