NJ, Southern NJ, Delaware, S.E. PA XR650L guys!

35 replies to this topic
  • fitpays

Posted March 26, 2008 - 06:55 AM

i am trying to get all the guys to chime in from these areas. i'd like to be able to meet up with some more local guys in person to get some mod ideas and see your bikes first hand. i am a good mechanic with street bikes and just kinda new to this particular bike. i'd be happy to give any of you guys a hand if you need it. just let me know. we could also try to get a group of guys together for a ride. i think it would be beneficial to all of us in the area for trading parts and helping one another out. group rides would be cool as well for sure.

thanks guys.

• fitpays

Posted March 26, 2008 - 08:33 AM

i guess i will have to star posting this stuff in the evenings when guys are off of work. i wish more guys sat online at work all day like i do! HAHAHAHAHA. if it weren't for the internet, i'd be a millionaire by now. i can't get away from this damn thing!

• martinfan30

Posted March 26, 2008 - 09:02 AM

I'm COMPLETELY addicted to this stuff...

I know there are several very knowledgeable guys in your area. Just give them time to respond.

• Bibleman

Posted March 26, 2008 - 04:55 PM

Speaking of knowledgeable AND good looking....:bonk: Seriously though, I'd be interested in hooking up since I live right by Six Flags Great Adventure and I love talking bikes and riding.:prof:

• ant_mb

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:20 PM

I'm interested in meeting up, or talking bikes as well. I live in Delran NJ!

• fitpays

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:41 PM

ant, i live less than an hour from you. which bike do you have and what kind of mods?

• Bibleman

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:55 PM

Hey it would be a riot to get five or six XRLs together going down the road! I got dibbs on leader of the pack:p

• ant_mb

Posted March 26, 2008 - 06:00 PM

I have a 2007 XR650L with the following mods.

Daves mod
Supertrapp exhaust
HID lighting
Fork brace
Stainless Brake lines
Moose bars
Garmin 450 GPS
Clarke 4.7 Tank
UNI filter
Skid plate
14T gear
XR's only temp guage

I'm sure there is something i'm missing but I can't think of it.

• Denn10

Posted March 27, 2008 - 05:57 AM

HEY you guys need a east coast "denn" to keep you on your toes and standing tall!! Maybe if you get together i can come out from cali????

• Bibleman

Posted March 27, 2008 - 08:09 AM

The more the merrier:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • martinfan30

Posted March 27, 2008 - 08:17 AM

The more the merrier:ride:

Dont forget, he brings his "trailer" every where...

• Bibleman

Posted March 27, 2008 - 11:25 AM

Oh, so he rides a Harley?

• martinfan30

Posted March 27, 2008 - 11:41 AM

See post #291 at the top.

http://www.thumperta...=608409&page=30

• Bibleman

Posted March 27, 2008 - 11:44 AM

NOT GOING THERE:eek:

• Davesnhere

Posted March 28, 2008 - 02:01 PM

Marlton, (South Jersey) here! Have an 07 650L, mostly stock(for now) except for 5 Gal. tank.

• Bibleman

Posted March 28, 2008 - 03:23 PM

Great! Keep 'em coming:ride:

• fitpays

Posted March 28, 2008 - 04:48 PM

been chattin with ant_mb. we're talkign about meeting up at ott's or another watering hole in the delran area. davesnhere is from marlton. we are definitely building a group up. keep this thing going. there can never be enough local guys to network with to trade parts and tech knowledge with.

davesnhere, -send me an email at my direct email address. we'll start coordinating a meeting at a bar for a couple beers. bibleman lives a little farther north, but maybe he can get down once in a while too.

fitpays@yahoo.com

• fitpays

Posted March 28, 2008 - 04:56 PM

by the way, rich -your boy's trailer better be full of girls and xr parts!!!!!

• Bibleman

Posted March 28, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Hey Fit, with my 4.7 Clarke, I can go anywhere!

• fitpays

Posted March 28, 2008 - 07:11 PM

that ride to the bar is less than an hour for me and i will be nervous with my stock tank! i will wait to find a sweetheart deal on a high capacity tank though. i got my bike for almost free, but despite being ahead of the $$$ curve, i would hate to drop that kind of money for a tank!!!!

sorry to all you guys out of the area that have to keep seeing this thread. we'll get a group together for the area and then quit bugging everyone!!!! meanwhile, i'm loving it. i can't wait to meet up with guys with the same bikes. all my friends around here have sportbikes. i love my R1, but this XR is so much fun to ride, it is crazy!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.