xr650r vs yz250f

22 replies to this topic
  • jarrett androski

Posted March 25, 2008 - 06:38 PM

hi guys i got a 2003 xr650r with the hrc kit and my friend just got a yz250f that has a 290 bore kit in it and cam and exhaust it runs on 110 octane and everyone says it will whoop my hrc xr650r bike in a race do you guys think so?? i dont think he has a chance in hell but everyone says that he will beat me anyone ever race a yz250f with there xr650r with a hrc kit?

• resurrection

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:25 PM

Pick your fight and may I advise you stay clear of mx track .

propose a cornfield

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:32 PM

hi guys i got a 2003 xr650r with the hrc kit and my friend just got a yz250f that has a 290 bore kit in it and cam and exhaust it runs on 110 octane and everyone says it will whoop my hrc xr650r bike in a race do you guys think so?? i dont think he has a chance in hell but everyone says that he will beat me anyone ever race a yz250f with there xr650r with a hrc kit?

Would you race a monster truck against a nascar?
Would you race a nascar against a forumula one?
Would you race a formula one against a Corvette?

Best means best FOR A SPECIFIC APPLICATION.

The XR will kill the YZ if there are no fast, rough corners or jumps. If there are, the YZ will kill the XR. Unless RC is on the XR.

Just ride it.

• martinfan30

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Pick your fight and may I advise you stay clear of mx track .

propose a cornfield

Or anywhere in BAJA!

• sloughrider

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:56 PM

my last bike was a klr 650 and it was heavy. i went to moab, utah for mtn biking and trail riding w/the m/c. my friend from moab (w/a honda 250) and i rode some trails and did some aerials. the klr would pull away in any straight away but it sank in any red river sand we got to. the hondas r a lot lighter and better handling than the klr but like the others say, pick your fights, know your track. quick light seems to beat fast heavy all the time, only difference is the rider.

• sloughrider

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:59 PM

maybe race him in a straight track and a mx track. maybe you guys can split and both be happy.

• jarrett androski

Posted March 26, 2008 - 04:11 AM

its gonna be on a straight road not a mx track and ive been riding bikes for 12 years and the other guy this is his first bike ill do it this weekend and maybe get a video of it and post it

• Denn10

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:52 AM

comparing apples to oranges here, there all fruit just of a different taste. if your gonna drag race then see how much there willing to bet and ill fly out there and jump my big ass on the R and ill throw down about 10k against him.

• Suikerland

Posted March 26, 2008 - 08:35 AM

i dont think he has a chance in hell but everyone says that he will beat me

Forget the bikes, tell us about the riders and the terrain and we'll tell u who will win.

• Ivan X

Posted March 26, 2008 - 11:06 AM

its gonna be on a straight road not a mx track and ive been riding bikes for 12 years and the other guy this is his first bike ill do it this weekend and maybe <get a video of it and post it>

That will be nice...:prof:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 26, 2008 - 12:35 PM

Forget the bikes, tell us about the riders and the terrain and we'll tell u who will win.

read post #7, thats why i said im in for $10k!!!

• Norge

Posted March 26, 2008 - 12:55 PM

I've rode and observed both bikes. Studied the specs and they are identical! Its uncanny how they mirror each other. :prof:

• hondacrf150f1

Posted March 26, 2008 - 02:53 PM

I would say a HRC equipped 650R is gona beat the 250 in a straight line no problem...It might be close from 0-30, but 30-100 you will whoop his ass:ride:

Totally diffornt bikes though, the 250 is flickable as hell and easy to throw around a MX track, the 650R needs big open territories to tackle.

• steed2

Posted March 26, 2008 - 03:03 PM

its funny cause these guys talk about how imposible it is to ride a 650r on a mx track....but you should take your bike to a track and im telling you ( if you know how to ride) that you will be impressed! even the jumping isnt to bad .These bike love to jump distance just not high. Dont listen to these guys you can do it. they even handle woops decently .
Now mind you they are no motocross bike, but if you got some talent and a little bit of balls they can be a hoot at the track.

• jarrett androski

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:45 AM

well he didnt wanna go riding but i did go riding with some buddys with wheelers and we all raced there was a yfz450 and a 660 raptor and they both were left in the dust

• platterdr

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:05 PM

Sounds like you need a street bike if straight line,top speed racing is your thing. I've always found it silly that people compare who has the faster dirt bike.

I'd rather be the faster rider than have the fastest bike. I could have the fastest dirt bike built,but any top 10 GNCC rider would still kick my ass on a beat up XR 250.

• HeadTrauma

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:26 PM

That reminds me of his one time I went riding against a YZ400 and KLX 650 on my then-'94 XR250L. It sounds like a one-sided match, but I, as well as my old man on another '93 X250L, gave those guys a real run for their money. It's not because we had faster bikes(far from it), but because we out rode the other guys.

Any more I find myself rather bored with drag races.

• YZERIK

Posted April 02, 2008 - 09:36 PM

its all about the rider and skills aquired from saddle time, you can have the dirtbike equivelent of a top fuel drag car but the better rider in a 68` beetle is still gonna kick your ass. brings back memories of my brothers friends trying to be hot shots on thier new bling toys theier mommy`s bought for them...the smack-talk ended as soon as we hit the dirt...lol good times!

• jarrett androski

Posted April 08, 2008 - 11:05 AM

they only legal trail to ride on around here is a old railroad line called the tri county corridor which is basically a 150 mile straightaway sure it has its side trails but there illegal i ride on them anyway though but mostly people stick to the main trail so that is kinda the only place to race that is why i race straightline from a dead stop and you can see acceleration as well as top speed then, around here on the only legal trail you need the fastest bike not so much being the fastest rider since it is just a big straightaway and as i am a only 18 i dont have money to buy a truck to trailer it a couple hundred miles to a track so i would probably never take my bike on a track and see how my riding skills

• BBA

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:51 PM

Sounds like you need a street bike if straight line,top speed racing is your thing. I've always found it silly that people compare who has the faster dirt bike.

I'd rather be the faster rider than have the fastest bike. I could have the fastest dirt bike built,but any top 10 GNCC rider would still kick my ass on a beat up XR 250.

Exactly what I was going to say!! I remember hearing a story about a guy back east who rode an old beat up YZ250 and alot of pretty boys on fancy, fast, top notch bikes would come to knock him off his track only to be humbled and sent home to cry to mom!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.