WR450 vs XR400

42 replies to this topic
  • Zsebi-2

Posted May 03, 2008 - 07:22 AM

I was just joking about the extra 24 cc issue, the whole post was a "wife" joke, on how to get a new bike. just a joke.
No, the 426 is running strong , no need for any more power. It is eating up the back tire faster than any other bike I had. NO overheating, but the water pump starting to leak.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted May 05, 2008 - 08:29 PM

you can make it faster than a 450. just get your head done, exhaust, re jetted, maybe a bore/stroke and you'll have a bad ass bike

Do the same things on a big bore and you'll have an uncontrolled animal...its all relative. Although I am curious about how a YZ or WR 315f runs...I bet that'd be a kick in the pants

• WR250F Captain

Posted May 06, 2008 - 08:19 AM

Do the same things on a big bore and you'll have an uncontrolled animal...its all relative. Although I am curious about how a YZ or WR 315f runs...I bet that'd be a kick in the pants

they are supposidly the most fun to ride, personally, I love 450's. its actually a split decision, depending on fundage, what i do. bore and stroke my 250, or get a 450.

i'd much rather have a 250f and a 450f instead of a 320f, but thats just me

I know someone who used to race on a 426, he said that they were awesome, had a couple of bugs that the 450 worked out. thats great that your bike runs strong like yamaha, and not weak like honda(in caveman voice)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.