Re-jet witj Dr.D pipe on `08 450

8 replies to this topic
  • MC214

Posted March 25, 2008 - 05:01 PM

Anybody had to rejet with a dr.d pipe on a 08 450?I`m at sea level.

• rickallen124

Posted March 25, 2008 - 06:08 PM

They recommend a 162 main jet, stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. I'd try that.

• erickdj

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:41 PM

They recommend a 162 main jet, stock pilot and 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw. I'd try that.

I'm at low altitude as the OP, but the jetting specs recommended by Dr.D are not even close to what I used for mine. I can't remember exactly which jets I ended up with, but it was not anything like stock or what Dr.D suggested. The bike would overheat, backfire, and ran like crap with either of those jetting specs. I'll see if I can remember what the specs were. Lots of factors besides altitude will affect jetting, so if I were you I'd get myself a handful of jets, smaller and bigger than stock and start playing with it. The topic has been brought up many times before, so search and you'll find some tips if not the exact answer.

• motox100

Posted March 26, 2008 - 07:36 AM

I tried a number of different combos in my 07 with the Dubach exhaust. I ended up with 162 main, stock pilot and 2.5 - 3.0 turns on fuel screw...as recommended.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • racer 813

Posted March 26, 2008 - 08:04 AM

I have the 08 and live around the Sacramento area. With the Dr. D stuff I put in a 48 pilot and a 165 main and run the fuel screw at about 1-1/4 out and it rips!! I have tried a few combos and this works the best for me!!

• erickdj

Posted March 26, 2008 - 03:06 PM

I have the 08 and live around the Sacramento area. With the Dr. D stuff I put in a 48 pilot and a 165 main and run the fuel screw at about 1-1/4 out and it rips!! I have tried a few combos and this works the best for me!!

I think that's pretty close to what I'm running.

• srfdwg2

Posted March 26, 2008 - 05:14 PM

Yeah,racer pretty much hit it on the button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I have that setup on my pct-4 I am in florida

• todds924

Posted March 26, 2008 - 07:46 PM

I'm at low altitude as the OP, but the jetting specs recommended by Dr.D are not even close to what I used for mine. I can't remember exactly which jets I ended up with, but it was not anything like stock or what Dr.D suggested. The bike would overheat, backfire, and ran like crap with either of those jetting specs. I'll see if I can remember what the specs were. Lots of factors besides altitude will affect jetting, so if I were you I'd get myself a handful of jets, smaller and bigger than stock and start playing with it. The topic has been brought up many times before, so search and you'll find some tips if not the exact answer.

Did you do the jetting yourself? Or did somebody else?

• erickdj

Posted March 27, 2008 - 07:58 AM

Did you do the jetting yourself? Or did somebody else?

I did it myself, it's not that hard. It just takes some time and patience to sort things out.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.