'07 Rear Suspension Grease

2 replies to this topic
  • bmah

Posted March 25, 2008 - 02:09 PM

I've been prepping my new '07 WR450F. I changed out the rear spring after checking my race sag and thought that I would grease the suspension bearings and the swingarm bearings out of concern that Yamaha was not sufficiently greasing these points from the factory and in fact was using something other than the recommended Moly grease for the swingarm and suspension component bearings. I found that the bearings were greased with Moly grease and not the MPL that others has expressed concern about. I added grease to these bearings and was thankful that I didn't have to remove the bearings, clean them and re-grease with the Moly grease. I just thought that others would like to know this.:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:20 PM

yeah, thats a common problem. I try to regrease every 6 months or so.

• Morty

Posted March 27, 2008 - 07:17 PM

Helps if you ride in wet areas to use water proof grease.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.