08 wr450, very hard to start in the AM

Even that much out of wack can make starting more difficult. It is all a balancing act. Everything, the planets, my wifes mood, have to be in the correct alignment/adjustment to make an engine run. Once the valves are re-shimmed, a fresh properly gapped plug is in stalled, it should start a bunch easier. On my WR, even with the larger starter jet(#72) I still need two twist of the throttle to prime. Then it starts nearly immediately. The larger starter jet enables the engine to keep running. With the stocker (#68), It would start, stall, start, stall, then start and run.

Initially, new titanium valves can stretch quite a bit, but after a few adjustments they will settle down and not need adjusting for a while.

i wish i had re-adjusted my valves after the 1st 500/600 depending on whose book :prof: or even after the 1st 1000 miles, i never bothered untill i had a problem with stalling, when i finally get my 08 i'l be sure to check those valves early on.

Are you giving it any throttle when you are kicking? Mine won't start with any throttle but starts easy with none, I think it's the TPS as it starts with throttle when it's unplugged.

no throttle while kicking. I heard that was a no no. :bonk:

so, I did my all my stuff today.

1. JD kit

2. Zip tie fuel screw

3. made my valve adjustments.

4. gap the plug. it was fine. maybe just one R.C.H. large.

runs better then great. :prof:

we will see if any of that stuff happened to fix it.