Did I seize my piggie???

3 replies to this topic
  • corona52

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:02 PM

She's a 2002 with a ton of hard miles (about 15k) but she get's fresh oil every ride.

So, I'm shooting across the dry lake bed heading into Ludlow after about a 300 mile run coming back from Dumont dunes (no dune riding) when she loses about half the torque I know and love so much. Yes, she was pinned but not constantly, anyways I decide to pull over and check and then the rear tire locks up at about 20 MPH.

I'm in freakin shock as I have never done this in my 34 years of riding/racing. I decide to try and kick her over and low and behold I can, but it feels like I'm trying to kick over a XR 1200R if there was such a beast. It won't light but it keeps belching out a big ole, whappp!

So has this happend to any of you guy's? Since I can kick her over, I can only assume it may be a ring??? I have to bust her open, but I thought I might ask here first.

Thanks.:confused:

• martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:03 PM

She's a 2002 with a ton of hard miles (about 15k) but she get's fresh oil every ride.

So, I'm shooting across the dry lake bed heading into Ludlow after about a 300 mile run coming back from Dumont dunes (no dune riding) when she loses about half the torque I know and love so much. Yes, she was pinned but not constantly, anyways I decide to pull over and check and then the rear tire locks up at about 20 MPH.

I'm in freakin shock as I have never done this in my 34 years of riding/racing. I decide to try and kick her over and low and behold I can, but it feels like I'm trying to kick over a XR 1200R if there was such a beast. It won't light but it keeps belching out a big ole, whappp!

So has this happend to any of you guy's? Since I can kick her over, I can only assume it may be a ring??? I have to bust her open, but I thought I might ask here first.

Thanks.:confused:

Oh boy. Sounds like seized to me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:15 PM

Could be a bearing failure too.

Take pictures and post the carnage.

I like the kind of riding like that. Did you meet people out a Dumont and stay overnight or something. I love hauling a** across the dez.

• corona52

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:29 PM

We took off from Landers at my buddies cabin. From Johnson Valley, we cross the Twentynine Palms Marine base to the R/R tracks and head North to Ludlow. We Gas up in Ludlow and head acroos the Dez from the Diary Queen to to Razor/ Afton Canyon area, then take the 15 to Baker. Gas up in Baker and hit Dumont (across the Dez), turn around head back and goof of in Afton and reverse the trip all in the same day. Well, that is how it usually goes, except for Saturday. I sat in front of the Ludlow Chevron station while my buddy fetched my truck in Landers and his bike's electrical was blowing fuses all the way back. Needless to say it was quite the adventure.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.