I can't believe I did this

41 replies to this topic
  • jdubb75

Posted March 24, 2008 - 05:21 PM

Stickerz...must me an "L" thang. :confused:

Just kiddin...nice bike!

• piedralone

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:25 PM

If they give me a discount on their part I will advertise for them. Til then you need to guess what I've got. Guess what? It only has Honda on it!!

• RipperFox

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:50 PM

For me to ridicule you...I need pics to base my finger pointing and belly laughs on.

Do what ever you need to increase your pucker factor...I am 42 and gots much "stickerage" on my Banshees...None on the XR yet...(no mods to earn them...yet)

• BBA

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:53 PM

Heres an idea:busted: !! Why dont all of us dig out our left over stickers and send them to Bibleman and let him sticker up his bike so we can view them here on TT! What do you think Bibleman??

• RipperFox

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Wrote to Toomey Racing once. Was polishing the alum. silencers on my Banshee exhaust, and needed replacement stickers to put back on them after. Figured I spent 700 on a exhaust from them, they could supply a few extra stickers....

The sent me 50...

I got a Toomey hard hat for work now...Toomey phone..Toomey Jam box...

All one must do is ask...You should know that bibleman...

• 06crf_er

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:59 PM

Wrote to Toomey Racing once. Was polishing the alum. silencers on my Banshee exhaust, and needed replacement stickers to put back on them after. Figured I spent 700 on a exhaust from them, they could supply a few extra stickers....

The sent me 50...

I got a Toomey hard hat for work now...Toomey phone..Toomey Jam box...

:confused: That's great!!

• Bibleman

Posted March 25, 2008 - 03:02 AM

Hey, I never turn down a freebie as long as shipping is included:busted:

• ghrati ghoti

Posted March 25, 2008 - 05:19 AM

If they give me a discount on their part I will advertise for them. Til then you need to guess what I've got. Guess what? It only has Honda on it!!

I read an article years ago about a old racer talking to a n00b racer in the pits, OR was admiring all of the stickers NR had all over his gear. When asked how much money NR was getting for all of the endorsments, NR replied none. OR asked why he was advertising for free.:confused:

Since then, no stickers for me.

• miguelitro

Posted March 25, 2008 - 06:51 AM

I'm with fresh fish here. I throw a few TBH stickers on there and forget about it.

• ghrati ghoti

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I'm with fresh fish here. I throw a few TBH stickers on there and forget about it.

:confused: :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RipperFox

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:39 AM

Whats TBH?

New to the Dual Sport arena. Not up on all the jargon yet.

I do speak a little broken "4wheeler" though.

• Bibleman

Posted March 25, 2008 - 05:39 PM

Don't ask, I bet it's REAL BAD.

• AaronBrown

Posted March 25, 2008 - 07:06 PM

I thought you pics were going to be the before shots. It looks pretty subdued to me.

• k12

Posted March 26, 2008 - 07:43 AM

Those bikes are too clean. Get some mud on top of the stickers and then you will be a real BAMF! lol. Seriously, those two bikes are some of the cleanest Xr's I've seen.

• Suikerland

Posted March 26, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I read an article years ago about a old racer talking to a n00b racer in the pits, OR was admiring all of the stickers NR had all over his gear. When asked how much money NR was getting for all of the endorsments, NR replied none. OR asked why he was advertising for free.:prof:

Since then, no stickers for me.

I don't mind carrying stickers if I like the product and use it or wear it.

I love my Scotts damper and Acerbis tank and ProTaper bars ond Fox helmet, I got no objection to supporting those brands. Not to mention my SixSixOne padded shorts and Twin-Air filter and my Staintune pipe... IMO, these are good hard-working products and I'm happy to endorse them.

Plus, stickers and dirt bikes kind of go together like beer and salted peanuts.
If i rode a crotch-rocket or cruiser I probably wouldn't want stickers, but my plastic-and-alloy pig cries out for stickers, so I dig 'em.

Go for it Baibleman, you've barely scratched the surface!

here's my partially stickered pig with a CRF540X with "genuine" stickers - it was raced & sponsored...

Posted Image

• ghrati ghoti

Posted March 26, 2008 - 09:16 AM

I don't mind carrying stickers if I like the product and use it or wear it.

I love my Scotts damper and Acerbis tank and ProTaper bars ond Fox helmet, I got no objection to supporting those brands. Not to mention my SixSixOne padded shorts and Twin-Air filter and my Staintune pipe... IMO, these are good hard-working products and I'm happy to endorse them.

Plus, stickers and dirt bikes kind of go together like beer and salted peanuts.
If i rode a crotch-rocket or cruiser I probably wouldn't want stickers, but my plastic-and-alloy pig cries out for stickers, so I dig 'em.

Go for it Baibleman, you've barely scratched the surface!

here's my partially stickered pig with a CRF540X with "genuine" stickers - it was raced & sponsored...

Posted Image

Was that a typo, or really 540X?

• Ch47_pilot

Posted March 26, 2008 - 09:32 AM

Stickers are also wonderful for covering blemishes. I just put some on my side covers, mainly because the covers were discolored after I removed the vinyl racing numbers from the previous owner. I didn't want to spend $50+ on new side covers, just because there was some color fading. I think it looks pretty good. I'll post some pics when the bike is completely done.

• Suikerland

Posted March 26, 2008 - 09:47 AM

Was that a typo, or really 540X?

Typo...:prof:

450X

If there was a 540X I'd want one.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 26, 2008 - 10:55 AM

kinda like my 93 I just completed with the works decal kit and #54 plastered all over it ... and other decals.....

I picked 54 for the year I was born

• Purcell69

Posted March 26, 2008 - 11:13 PM

Heres an idea:busted: !! Why dont all of us dig out our left over stickers and send them to Bibleman and let him sticker up his bike so we can view them here on TT! What do you think Bibleman??

I've got a few of leftovers, Clarke, Uni, Dynojet, JetsRUs. Who wants to add to the pile? We can make Bibleman's bike look like a steamer trunk that's been around the world.:prof:

-Joe

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.