What fits, What hits? R parts on an L

14 replies to this topic
  • painter

Posted March 24, 2008 - 11:42 AM

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme: :confused:

• martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 12:56 PM

Does anybody have a list of what is interchangeable? Exhaust seat covers side panels fenders. I'm fixing up a 93 xrl, I'm also cheap and want to use anything available, but not waste money. I can do some modifying, welding as needed. any help is appreciated :excuseme: :confused:

Where to begin....

They seem to share most of the same stuff. Easy mods to anything can be made to work.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 24, 2008 - 01:50 PM

I don't get it. Are you talking about a 1993 XR600L and a XR650R? No parts are interchangable.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 24, 2008 - 01:50 PM

Many XR600R parts fit an XR650L- they are almost the same bike, in many ways.

No XR650R parts (except trivial stuff like bars) will fit an XR650L or an XR600R.

Dave

• husky123

Posted March 24, 2008 - 02:23 PM

Where to begin....

They seem to share most of the same stuff. Easy mods to anything can be made to work.

I'm going out on a limb and saying our beloved moderator was thinking he meant a XR600R....:confused:

• martinfan30

Posted March 24, 2008 - 02:46 PM

I'm going out on a limb and saying our beloved moderator was thinking he meant a XR600R....:confused:

Come on man! You dont think I would post something like that??:excuseme:

• jdubb75

Posted March 24, 2008 - 05:32 PM

I don't get it. Are you talking about a 1993 XR600L and a XR650R? No parts are interchangable.

Sure there are...there's tires, tubes, gas, oil. I think that's about it.:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • porterdog

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:03 PM

Sure there are...there's tires, tubes, gas, oil. I think that's about it.:confused:

Grips?

• jdubb75

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:05 PM

Grips?

Grips...man, I can't believe I forgot that one. :confused:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:09 PM

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

• jdubb75

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:22 PM

No, I'm pretty sure that Honda gets all the R stuff off a 'special' R shelf, where each OEM part has been Soichiro-blessed specifically for the R; I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

Yes, but it's only a marketing scheme to get more money. If you trace that special "R" air hose back to the compressor you will find a "T" that supplies the "L" hose with air from the same tank. It's just a ploy to penalize us "R" owners for having a superior, liquid cooled, man start only, @ss kicking machine. Damn, these rivalries are just toooo easy. :confused:

• RipperFox

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:06 PM

http://partsfinder.o...OEM/HondaDB.asp

above is a link to a parts microfiche. Just cross ref part numbers

• painter

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:58 AM

Thanks guys, I thought a bunch of the 650r stuff would fit. I've only had the bike about a week, guess i need to read up a little bit before I start buying parts. So just about everything off of a 600 will fit?

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 25, 2008 - 09:55 AM

Thanks guys, I thought a bunch of the 650r stuff would fit. I've only had the bike about a week, guess i need to read up a little bit before I start buying parts. So just about everything off of a 600 will fit?

Yes.

Dave

• porterdog

Posted March 26, 2008 - 04:22 AM

I think they even use special "R-air" in the tires, for superior resistance to puncture.

Uh-oh! I let out all my R-air when I swapped tires.

1. Is R-air dangerous? I'm sure I must have breathed some.
2. Can I get more?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  159 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.