Bike Pops A Little After Being Dumed In A Little Water

11 replies to this topic
  • FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 24, 2008 - 06:43 AM

I Had To Take The Bike Out This Weekend And I Was Riding An Old Logging Road When I Came Upon A Large Puddle.i Started Through It And It Was Much Deeper.i Tipped The Bike On Its Left Side But Picked It Right Back Up And Kicked It Once And It Fired Up.rode Great For The Few Miles I Rode Home.then The Next Day I Kicked And And It Fired But Popped A Few Times Then Ran Fine.i Just Wanted To Know If I Should Be Concerned.the Only Other Thing Thats Happening Is The Grip Is Now Slipping On The Throttle After It Got Wet.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted March 24, 2008 - 08:18 AM

The popping was probably not related to getting it wet.

As father Guido Sarducci would say, coincidenza.

And where did you find a puddle? It never went above freezing this weekend...

Dave

• Motosprtman

Posted March 24, 2008 - 08:32 AM

a sprinkling of water upon the membrane of an airfilter then drawn into the engine will indeed make a hiccup or two...

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 24, 2008 - 08:48 AM

I Was Riding Down By The Recyling Center On The Old Logging Road.it Was A Puddle For Sure And Damn The Bike Is Heavy When Its On Its Side.rode Great Though.can't Wait For The Weather To Break.

• Denn10

Posted March 24, 2008 - 09:18 AM

personally you should take the filter out and clean it up, look for any signs of water still in there. Drain your carb also. I would check your lower drain plug in the engine to see if any got into the engine, dont think a quick drop matters and say "nah it cant get in the engine that fast" you never know. Alot easier to maybe treat it like it got sumbmerged right now and drain and change oil and fuel also. dont wanna get stranded somewhere down the road. pull cover from battery and dry that out also. Easy fix just a little time, maybe an hour or so and you should be golden just like you were before you went scuba diving with your L

Posted Image

LOL that is Martin and SPLOOGE helping me out one time when i went scuba diving!!

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:01 AM

The Only Thing That Was Submerged Was The Throttle Side Handlebar.i Picked It Right Up Kicked It Once And Rode Like Nothing Ever Happened.the Bike Popped Maybe Twice And Has Ran Great From Then On.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Denn10

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:20 AM

ok if your satisfied theres no water in the air filter or carb then thats up to you, water is fun till you fall in it LOL

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:23 AM

I Will Change The Oil Only Because I Just Got It And I Am Not Sure When It Was Last Done.i Will Also Pull The Cover Since Its Getting Cold Again And Check The Air Filter.thanks Just Wanted To Make Sure It Wasn't Something To Be Concerned About.

• 06crf_er

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:25 AM

Isn't It A Lot Of Effort To Capitolize Every Word In Your Replies? :confused:

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 24, 2008 - 11:18 AM

Sorry I Have To Have It On For Work.

• durandal

Posted March 24, 2008 - 11:30 AM

Do you write headlines for a newspaper?

Sorry, couldn't resist :-P

d.

• FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:26 AM

How'd You Guess????

No I Work For Gm And All Our Part Numbers Are In Caps.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.