Lost Air Cut Valve O ring

1 reply to this topic
  • finglan

Posted November 06, 2002 - 01:08 PM

I lost the tiny O ring inside the air cut valve cover. Normally I am alot more careful. I was in a rush to get done w/the carb before the wife got home and complained that I was working on motorcycle parts on the kitchen table again. I have looked in the manual and on parts fish, none of them numbers this part.

Has anyone replaced this before? Can you get it from a dealer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dominator426

Posted November 06, 2002 - 01:45 PM

You could always disactivate your acv altogether and seal it up. I simply reversed the diaphragm so that the pin resides in the spring. Some claim that sealing your O-ring hole was also necessary...
After sealing my acv, I only had to switch to a #38 PFJ from a #42, or you could try switching to a #100 PAJ (or thereabouts) as on the non-acv's...
It now runs much better at low speeds and idle is stable and adjustable, with no back-firing problems whatsoever.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.