Close-up of the Speedo
Posted Image
Horn
Posted Image
Mess of wires
Posted Image

• asf

Posted April 06, 2008 - 03:24 PM

Where did you find the ignition bezel/plate? I've been looking for one!

Could you also post a better pic of the rear switch, I cant see how you mounted the spring tot he pedal. I had a hydraulic switch but it failed on me and I can't seem to figure out the right place to mount a mechanical one on my bike.

:thumbsup:

• AEmedic

Posted April 06, 2008 - 03:43 PM

Could you also post a better pic of the rear switch, I cant see how you mounted the spring tot he pedal. I had a hydraulic switch but it failed on me and I can't seem to figure out the right place to mount a mechanical one on my bike.

I think the ignition speedo mounting bracket Frank used was off an 83 XR200R, the one I used was home made, out of some scrap metal.

• Frank ZX

Posted April 06, 2008 - 04:00 PM

The speedo bracket is from a XR200R as is the speedo.
The ignition switch bracket is homemade from a piece of extruded aluminum angle.
AEmedic,your bike is coming along nicely.Very clean.I got all my lights working today,but still got to wire from the stator to battery.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DenialDeath

Posted April 12, 2008 - 06:31 PM

A note on the H4 plugs, you can get them at auto parts stores. They usually have a few different 'sockets' or pigtails on the shelves.

• Frank ZX

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:36 AM

A note on the H4 plugs, you can get them at auto parts stores. They usually have a few different 'sockets' or pigtails on the shelves.

Will the stock headlight work with a H4 bulb?
I don't know if I mentioned it,but I got 2 very small 12V fans from skycraftsurplus.com to use as cooling fans.I hope to have them mounted soon.

• DenialDeath

Posted April 13, 2008 - 05:45 AM

Will the stock headlight work with a H4 bulb?
I don't know if I mentioned it,but I got 2 very small 12V fans from skycraftsurplus.com to use as cooling fans.I hope to have them mounted soon.

I was referring to the guys who are replacing the stock plastic light with a glass one from the xr500.

• AEmedic

Posted April 13, 2008 - 07:38 AM

The H4 bulb may fit with some modification in the stocker but the plastic lens wouldn't last long.

I figured you were talking to those of us that got the older style lens.

Speaking of which, I got mine the other day and it is surprising that the design is exactly the same except it is glass. All the mounts are the same as the one on the 2007.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.