Xr650l Rear Fender????

7 replies to this topic
  • fitpays

Posted March 23, 2008 - 11:30 AM

ok guys, i bought a red tank and shrouds. hopefully they will be here this week. i also found a nice ufo front fender cheap. so here is the dilemma -after looking online for about an hour, i really have no idea where to get a red rear fender. it needs to look good, install easy, and be affordable. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! i plan to add a low profile tail light as well.

• martinfan30

Posted March 23, 2008 - 02:11 PM

ok guys, i bought a red tank and shrouds. hopefully they will be here this week. i also found a nice ufo front fender cheap. so here is the dilemma -after looking online for about an hour, i really have no idea where to get a red rear fender. it needs to look good, install easy, and be affordable. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! i plan to add a low profile tail light as well.

Dont like the stocker?

The CRF450 rear looks great, takes some trimming and doesnt match the XR red well. Its brighter. The BD led taillight is good too.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• glin60

Posted August 10, 2008 - 11:21 AM

What year fender is that? I have a 2006 CRF fender that I've been messing around with to make fit, and it seems to have less material where you attached to the turn signal mounts at. And when I "made it fit" in the rear, the seat wouldn't fit any more.

• Rascal560

Posted August 10, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Ah, hell....go with the Maier motocross style rear fender. :) :D :worthy: :ride:
Hehe....any chance I get to post a picture of my bike :banghead:
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogre

Posted August 10, 2008 - 01:22 PM

I like your rear fender set up. What is it?

• ogre

Posted August 10, 2008 - 01:27 PM

Sorry, I know Rich is way cool, but I'm talking to Rascal560. I like how it looks a little old school, but clean.

• martinfan30

Posted August 10, 2008 - 01:34 PM

What year fender is that? I have a 2006 CRF fender that I've been messing around with to make fit, and it seems to have less material where you attached to the turn signal mounts at. And when I "made it fit" in the rear, the seat wouldn't fit any more.

It's an '05 CRF450X rear fender. It does take some trimming. I'm not sure that the '06 is any different.

I used the holes already drilled in the new fender to bolt to the frame.

• Rascal560

Posted August 10, 2008 - 03:27 PM

Sorry, I know Rich is way cool, but I'm talking to Rascal560. I like how it looks a little old school, but clean.

It's a Maier MX style rear fender.
If you order one, you need to order Fighting Red for the color. That's the Honda XRL red color that matches.
Posted Image
And yes, Rich is way cool. I like his CRF450 fender setup also. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.