06 yz450f countersprocket.. how-to remove?

22 replies to this topic
  • grayracer513

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:11 AM

the stock chain is junk

That is unquestionably true.

any sprocket wear will ruin any new chain:naughty:

That's not. It depends on the degree and nature of the wear present.

A rear sprocket moderately worn by a chain that is less than 1% longer than it's original pitch won't do any harm to a chain at all. Even rear sprockets fairly well worn by a "stretched" chain are far more likely to be damaged by the new chain than to damage the chain. There is no advantage to running such a sprocket, of course because the new chain will fairly quickly finish it off, anyway.

Fronts are different. The wear patterns induced by chains still in spec are entirely different than those caused by worn chains, but because the tooth shape is significantly changed, and because the specific load carried by each tooth is much greater at the front, the front sprocket should be changed with a new chain if it shows any significant wear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamasaki

Posted March 25, 2008 - 08:23 AM

the rear looks great my friend, keep telling yourself this.....then
not the way most of us would do it
the stock chain is junk
any sprocket wear will ruin any new chain:naughty:

i was kidding man!

of course i'm changing out all 3 components.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 25, 2008 - 12:29 PM

i was kidding man!

of course i'm changing out all 3 components.

I figured but you never can tell these days....cheers:thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.