2007 XR650L I got SCREWD!!!

29 replies to this topic
  • cleonard

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:51 AM

Just an FYI

currently the feds are 2 years behind California. California got new rega in 2006 and 2008. The 2006 Cali regs went federal in 2008 and the 2008 Cali regs will go federal in 2010. These sets of changes are primarily evaporative in nature. Stopping the gas that evaporates 24/7/365 whether the bike is ridden or not.

• Itchykawa

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:59 PM

If this works, I have the before (with California smog) and after smog-ectomy pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like technology didn't kick my butt today! In the top pic, just below the left wing is the charcoal canister for the California models.

-Joe

Excuse me while I hijack this thread.... Nice bike Purcell. Where'd you get the tank graffics?

• Medic63

Posted March 25, 2008 - 02:40 PM

Question on the mods: We live in the great gay state of California (stuck here, kids ya know) and were wondering if anyone know how stiff the cops were with desmogged bikes?

• martinfan30

Posted March 25, 2008 - 02:41 PM

I am not certain, but I'd say there isnt much threat of "smog cops" pulling over modded L's looking for "violations".

• Purcell69

Posted March 25, 2008 - 03:25 PM

Thanks Itchykawa. I got them from the Chaparral catalog, www.chaparral-racing.com

-Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Itchykawa

Posted March 30, 2008 - 05:56 PM

Thanks - Maybe the best looking graffics I've seen.

• Motosprtman

Posted March 31, 2008 - 06:00 AM

yas knows - after buying almost any new car and or bike I always have buyers remorse and hear of better deals. Some times I feel like ya - I got screwed. But then after all is said and done and you have done your home work and go into a dealership and buy the bike - knowing the MSRP etc and YOU get it at what seems reasonable to you, not to mention you want that new bike .... BAD. what the hell, you made the purchase to the best of your ability and someone out there somewhere probably did better - some worse! The sales prices are set but alot of different econmic factors, that are peculiar to your area. Bottom line HONDA is not going to loose money, they may even sell at invoice maybe below and they STILL make money.

Bottom line enjoy your new ride and forget about what you paid for it. What's done is done.

• _RaStA_RoCkEt_

Posted April 04, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Oh so much California Love here! Haha!

• Horri

Posted April 05, 2014 - 12:23 PM

• libertyk9

Posted June 16, 2014 - 08:14 AM

Some smog rules are federal not state. But i know one thing if people keep talking about altering this equipment on their BRPs then they will start to make us get inspections like they are doing with the diesel trucks to make sure they are not altered.

Just a thought you know everything is monitored by the Feds. 

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.