XR600R dumping gas

5 replies to this topic
  • ssbumz

Posted March 22, 2008 - 06:18 PM

Bought a 95 XR500R a few weeks back. It had been sitting, gas had turned, ran rough. Went thru the carb and cleaned everything up. Checked the float height, needle and seat looked OK. Dumped gas tank. Now runs like a scalded dog...with one exception....Seems like every time I start riding, it cuts out on me once early in the ride and I have gas dumping out of the carb overflow. Once I shut off gas, drain the bowl and start over, it works fine the rest of the ride.

My best guess is that I stirred up some trash in the has tank and it is getting stuck under the needle. Other ideas????

• resurrection

Posted March 22, 2008 - 07:16 PM

Debree .

• bork

Posted March 22, 2008 - 07:20 PM

I have one of those little in line filter cones for insurance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • resurrection

Posted March 22, 2008 - 07:30 PM

To completely clean your carb is pretty tuff alot of times the petcock has dry seals and they will brakedown causing this problem or maybe somthing in the hose
A new needle and seat are a must when your in the carb for an old nasity fuel system clean up.

• martinfan30

Posted March 23, 2008 - 11:21 AM

I beleive you have a need for a new needle and seat as well.

• ssbumz

Posted March 24, 2008 - 02:59 PM

OK...a needle/seat (and probably an in-line filter) it is. Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.