BOXER Motorcycles

44 replies to this topic
  • Ekim-Yak

Posted March 22, 2008 - 02:27 PM

Well--I got news for ya.

Your new Husqvarna is made by Boxer. My buddy bought a new TE610 last night, I went with him (he was a Yamaha guy, I had to make sure he didnt chicken out) and anyway, its right there on the new bike sticker. Dealer pointed it out to us.

There have been rumors that BMW was going to come out with a new line of bikes, or re-badge, or something, and it was to be called Boxer. I havent seen any evidence of that rumor, until last night. There it was, staring right at me.

No idea at all what this all means, but for sure its gonna mean something.

Freaked me out. :confused:

• HuskyRips

Posted March 22, 2008 - 02:51 PM

Actually the Boxer name was implemented by MV Agusta when they packaged up Husqvarna for sale as a stand alone brand separate from Cagiva / MV Agusta.

Some place there is a 2007 press release from MV Agusta announcing the new name and reasoning behind it.

HuskyRips

• Ekim-Yak

Posted March 22, 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hmm. Not buying it.

Somewhere in the forsets of europe:shocked: evil dog-men are making TE 610's.

• knewman

Posted March 23, 2008 - 04:28 AM

Does this mean anything??

http://eur-lex.europ...007:0007:EN:PDF

• coffee

Posted March 23, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Nice find.

• Recless7

Posted March 23, 2008 - 11:40 AM

I don't know if it would have anything to do with it now, but in the '60s, BMW's oppossed piston engines were often nicknamed boxer engines.:confused:

• Norman_Foley

Posted March 23, 2008 - 04:42 PM

I think Dale had it backwards..... BMW formed the Boxer Group as a seperate entity from BMW Motorrad to buy and operate the Husqvarna assets of MV Agusta Group.
Norman

• 262 2stroke

Posted March 23, 2008 - 05:53 PM

I though BOXER was the opposed configuration of the motor in the BMW ?
Like Subaru, Porsche and old VW's are called boxer motors

• huskytarded

Posted March 23, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Actually the Boxer name was implemented by MV Agusta when they packaged up Husqvarna for sale as a stand alone brand separate from Cagiva / MV Agusta.

Some place there is a 2007 press release from MV Agusta announcing the new name and reasoning behind it.

HuskyRips

I think Dale had it backwards..... BMW formed the Boxer Group as a seperate entity from BMW Motorrad to buy and operate the Husqvarna assets of MV Agusta Group.
Norman

interesting huh? anyone still believe Cagiva will remain the US distributor....:confused:

• Joe Chod

Posted March 24, 2008 - 04:58 AM

Never thought Cagiva would remain the distributor but it is obvious that BMW has created a seperate "branch" to deal with the aquisition of the Italian produced motorcycles and that "branch" has to have a name and they chose "boxer" as in sticking with the "forementioned" Boxer desing of the legendary horizontally opposed twins. Porsche also uses that engine design but you notice their new small sprorts car is called the "Boxster" as the boxer name was already taken by BMW. It is just a name. If you notice on your Husky there are MV stckers on some parts, Most prominateley a huge stcker on the swingarm top between the shocklinkage and where it bolts through the engine. Does this mean my Husky is a MV???? NO. It is as simple as BMW formed the Boxer Group as a seperate entity from BMW Motorrad to buy and operate the Husqvarna assets of MV Agusta Group. eventually I think Cagiva and MV will be phased out of anything Husky.

Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ScottyR

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:08 AM

interesting huh? anyone still believe Cagiva will remain the US distributor....

BMW takes over Distribution sometime this summer from what I have been told.

• huskytarded

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:21 AM

I told everyone this crap almost two months ago and might as well been told I was an idiot that did not no anything and that my dealer was incompetent and didn't no what he was talking about either......

I hope all the smart ass are still watching their clocks.... Like I've said several times on here, "time will tell the truth"..... so smart asses, how would you like you crow prepared??? dinnertime is almost here. :confused:

• Ride

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:22 AM

I told everyone this crap almost two months ago and might as well been told I was an idiot that did not no anything and that my dealer was incompetent and didn't no what he was talking about either......

I hope all the smart ass are still watching their clocks.... Like I've said several times on here, "time will tell the truth"..... so smart asses, how would you like you crow prepared??? dinnertime is almost here. :confused:

Well this thread certainly took an ugly turn.

• huskytarded

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:30 AM

Well this thread certainly took an ugly turn.

what... you all thought I would forget? :confused:

check back here if your memory is a little foggy....

http://www.thumperta...t=584197&page=8

• Some Dude

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:43 AM

BMW takes over Distribution sometime this summer from what I have been told.

Yepper, you're onto something there :confused:

I think we will see '09 models much earlier for release by the BMW distribution channels and 08 will be a very short year. This will also look very good a couple years down the road when BMW can hopefully show that from 09 on was strong growth while in reality the 08 model year was just very short. I also believe they have a very good platform in the 08's that will not require a bunch of changes over the next couple of years. This will be very good for aftermarket support as it's hard to be making changes to your product every year/other year for production changes.

Good things are coming

• Joliet

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:48 AM

I hope all the smart ass are still watching their clocks.... Like I've said several times on here, "time will tell the truth"..... so smart asses, how would you like you crow prepared??? dinnertime is almost here. :excuseme:

One of the reasons I like the husky section so much is that I don't have to see this kind of stuff all the time. Perhaps we should consider serving humble pie instead of crow.:confused: Ken

• Ride

Posted March 24, 2008 - 07:52 AM

One of the reasons I like the husky section so much is that I don't have to see this kind of stuff all the time. Perhaps we should consider serving humble pie instead of crow.:confused: Ken

I agree.

• huskytarded

Posted March 24, 2008 - 08:00 AM

don't like seeing what kind of stuff??? the truth that gets smeared as BS or the BS the dealers & the "want to be top dog know everything pros" misleading statements and flat out lies? I'm not a dealer or anything else but a rider... tried to pass along good info that the ones calling BS know was true back in Dec. This misleading and lying is why I'm glad BMW is cleaning house. Cagiva ie: MR. God like Rob Keith is the reason I had to wait five months for my bike while the rest of the world was out riding. While we all waited on these negations, Rob was on ski trips and spreading lies to everyone who talked to him... including the dealers. ScottyR would you like to tell me this is false also? (ps..I still have all the pm's that were sent to me about this from you and others).

so how do you like your crow done anyway?

• HuskyRips

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:10 AM

don't like seeing what kind of stuff??? the truth that gets smeared as BS or the BS the dealers & the "want to be top dog know everything pros" misleading statements and flat out lies? I'm not a dealer or anything else but a rider... tried to pass along good info that the ones calling BS know was true back in Dec. This misleading and lying is why I'm glad BMW is cleaning house. Cagiva ie: MR. God like Rob Keith is the reason I had to wait five months for my bike while the rest of the world was out riding. While we all waited on these negations, Rob was on ski trips and spreading lies to everyone who talked to him... including the dealers. ScottyR would you like to tell me this is false also? (ps..I still have all the pm's that were sent to me about this from you and others).

so how do you like your crow done anyway?

Dude, what have you said to be true?

• ScottyR

Posted March 24, 2008 - 10:33 AM

Huskytarded, take a pill, man. You are going to have a stroke or something if you dont calm down.

I am not calling you a liar, nor did I ever in the past.

BMW is taking over Dist of Husqvarna on July 29/08 give or take a few days. I was told this by an upper management person at BMW NA.

Rumor has it that Rob Keith is going to BMW as well as a Husky Mgr.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.