WHICH pink wire?

1 reply to this topic
  • oceanjake

Posted March 22, 2008 - 09:41 AM

My new WR stator has two pink wires. A light pink an a dark pink. Which one gets grounded in order to work with the YZ CDI? I'm not running a battery.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Speedracer747-400

Posted March 22, 2008 - 12:39 PM

You should have the following wires coming out of the stator:
CDI Harness
Br-Brown
P-Pink
G-Green
R-Red
W-White
B-Black

Power Wire
Y-Yellow

I think your confusing the red wire for "dark pink". The light pink wire is the one you need to cut. Cut it and hook the end going to the CDI to chassis ground. The end going to the stator can be caped or taped off. In the future if you have problems with the same project try to just post in the original thread. This way the next person doing the same install will have all the info in one place and make it easier for them. Good luck with the lights.:confused:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.