stock powerbomb header - what a joke!!

6 replies to this topic
  • markryam

Posted March 22, 2008 - 07:40 AM

well i had the back end off the 08 yz450f this morning, and i thought id shine a torch inside the header and see if its lean/rich. to my amazement the powerbomb on the stock header has a pipe inside welded in so its literally a straight through pipe!!!!!

this to me is a complete con. you think your getting a nice good header so you go out and buy just a slip on silencer - and in reality your not getting exactly what you thought you were!!!

how dissapointing.

so i now have a white bros slip on for sale - as my full akrapovic system is on it's way!

• sirthumpalot

Posted March 22, 2008 - 08:45 AM

Was the pipe in the middle perforated? The power-bomb type headers I've seen have all had pipes right through, but the pipe is perforated.

• markryam

Posted March 22, 2008 - 09:16 AM

straight through solid pipe.:confused: :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted March 22, 2008 - 11:57 AM

The straight through pipe actually has a couple holes drilled in it. The new FMF poerbombs are the same way. The first powerbomb FMF came out with had a perferated core, then they redesigned it a couple years ago and now it is a straight through pipe with 4 small holes drilled in it.

• markryam

Posted March 22, 2008 - 12:37 PM

its deffo straight through - i checked with a flex head mirror and a flexi torch.

• Whyzee429

Posted March 22, 2008 - 06:23 PM

that's definitely a first. mine has holes.....some small ones

• Stepdaddy

Posted March 22, 2008 - 07:50 PM

All I need now is proof...

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.