Flatslide carb ?

13 replies to this topic
  • lifeinthesouth

Posted March 21, 2008 - 01:23 PM

I know xrsonly has the mikuni pupmer available for the XRL but don't hear of anyone using it... on my bikes in the past it was a given that a flatslide was a hands down advantage; is this not the case on the L?

Is the DJ or Dave's mods enough?

Would it be more beneficial if you were changing pistons, cams, etc?

Mike

• martinfan30

Posted March 21, 2008 - 01:27 PM

Daves mods and a cv carb do very well.

I run a FCR41 pumper. The throttle response is the positive. Power output the same. As you progress in your engine mods, a flatslide might just compliment those mods.

• resurrection

Posted March 21, 2008 - 01:58 PM

Flat slide will not be as friendly if you will as the cv.

• martinfan30

Posted March 21, 2008 - 02:21 PM

Flat slide will not be as friendly if you will as the cv.

Very true. Mine has an occasional cut out at the WOT to 3/4 transition. Cant jet it out.

• Norge

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:04 PM

Big fan of the flatside. Easy to set up, easy to maintain. No bog or cutting out on mine. It's a must for the Batt relo/pod users.

• martinfan30

Posted March 21, 2008 - 11:18 PM

Big fan of the flatside. Easy to set up, easy to maintain. No bog or cutting out on mine. It's a must for the Batt relo/pod users.

Yeah, the CV carb doesnt do well with pod filters.

With a pod filter on a CV, there was a 1/3 throttle hesitation...:confused:

• lifeinthesouth

Posted March 22, 2008 - 02:05 AM

Yeah, the CV carb doesnt do well with pod filters.

thanks martin, i almost had to ask what a "pod user" was!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zipper600

Posted March 22, 2008 - 03:26 AM

My 600R uses what kind of carb?its a 94.Its not a CV as it doesnt have a diaphragma, right?just a big piston....

• husky123

Posted March 22, 2008 - 05:00 AM

I had a Mikuni flatslide on my first XRL and sold it to get the Eddie. I'm on my second 650L now and did Daves mods to the CV and am pretty happy. But that could change in the next 5 minutes.

• zodran

Posted March 22, 2008 - 10:58 AM

My 600R uses what kind of carb?its a 94.Its not a CV as it doesnt have a diaphragma, right?just a big piston....

That is probably a keihin, they have a problem with the choke butterfly breaking off and getting sucked into the engine. I have a mikuni on my xrl I'm very happy with.
After much agonizing last week I put a deposit down on an 08 Husky TE610. :confused:

• goblin127

Posted March 22, 2008 - 08:11 PM

I'm happy with my flat slide no cut out or any problems easy to set up. Stock carb with Daves mods was good but I like the mikuni better and the price wasn't too bad.

• Srad600

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:15 PM

Humm, I just got a mikuni pumper and honestly I'm about ready to chuck it in the trash and pop the stocker back on. It's got a wicked flat spot and sputter that I can't seem to jet out of it. Oh and tech assistance over at (name withdrawn) shop where I bought it has been no help at all. I'd say stick with the stocker.

• martinfan30

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:18 PM

Humm, I just got a mikuni pumper and honestly I'm about ready to chuck it in the trash and pop the stocker back on. It's got a wicked flat spot and sputter that I can't seem to jet out of it. Oh and tech assistance over at (name withdrawn) shop where I bought it has been no help at all. I'd say stick with the stocker.

These were the reports I had read when I finally decided on the FCR.

Try a post in the jetting forum, Eddie S. is very well versed in this subject.

• Srad600

Posted April 08, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Unfortunately I've gone that route. I've been jetting and re-jetting daily for oh about two weeks now...fun. :thumbsup: Sad part is my local shop wants $400 just to look at it...minimum! (Not gonna happen). :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.