XR650R Exhaust Baffle

7 replies to this topic
  • ChrisCorbett

Posted March 21, 2008 - 03:11 AM

Hi All

New to this forum having just bought an XR650R and would like some advice if poss.
The previous owner removed the baffle from the exhaust and has given to me with the bike.
Whilst the bike sounds awsome without it I am going to put it back in as I am not sure it is legal without.
Does anyone know if the jets would need to be tweaked if I am to put baffle back in??
I guess not as it is standard honda part but wanted to check

Thanks in advance

• hondacrf150f1

Posted March 21, 2008 - 05:16 AM

If your gona put the stock tip back in with the baffel the bike is gona have to have the peaces put back in the airbox and is gona have to go back to stock jetting, or close to it:prof: ....

I dont see why you would wanta do that...go from 50+ HP to 43:naughty:

The bike with the baffel is extremely quiet...like a goldwing:p

• ChrisCorbett

Posted March 21, 2008 - 05:54 AM

Thanks for this feedback. No way do I want to drop hp, I just want to be sure it is road legal as it is very very loud! Mind you it has an MOT so guess it's ok!

• resurrection

Posted March 21, 2008 - 06:42 AM

The loud might bother the L rider behind you and ya know they're sensitive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fitpays

Posted March 21, 2008 - 01:04 PM

"L" rider here, so go easy. i am interested in removing my baffle, but i am sure i have stock jetting. will i need to rejet if i take the baffle out? i am considering using the pro moto tip, but not sure yet. i really need to stay on a budget with this thing, so removing the baffle will be the first thing i try unless you guys think i will need to rejet. i don't want to open that can of worms.

• martinfan30

Posted March 21, 2008 - 01:47 PM

"L" rider here, so go easy. i am interested in removing my baffle, but i am sure i have stock jetting. will i need to rejet if i take the baffle out? i am considering using the pro moto tip, but not sure yet. i really need to stay on a budget with this thing, so removing the baffle will be the first thing i try unless you guys think i will need to rejet. i don't want to open that can of worms.

You wont see much but a little top end. PLus it sounds funny. You may not have to rejet, the exhaust will still be pretty restrictive.

• XR4DEZ

Posted March 21, 2008 - 05:23 PM

Just don't do it!

• xrkid21

Posted March 29, 2008 - 01:37 PM

i took the baffel out of my xr650r and it sounds extremly bad ass and you do not need to rejet the bike performs the same.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.