Sludge on Oil filter

5 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted March 20, 2008 - 04:57 PM

when doing my regular oil changes, about 400km max (mostly highway driving) I noticed some slight creamy sludge on my oil filter and a little cream in the oil after it drains in the pan, It don't look like much, I have only ran it hot once idling for like 4 minutes, shut it off and heard it bubbling for a bit. It almost seems like sludge as in a car engine when you take short runs you get a little sludge and condensation, can this be hapening or do you guys think i have a waterpump seal or head gasket failing?
2006 WR450 4000km

• clark4131

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:57 PM

Really monitor your oil and coolant levels over the next cycle and see what it does. That ought to tell you what's going on...SC

• MountainMax

Posted March 21, 2008 - 02:41 AM

Well I have never had to add any more coolant. But I will mark the coolant level in the overflow and keep an eye on things.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chrispy1202

Posted March 30, 2008 - 10:18 PM

Is there any oil sludge floating on top of your coolant when you open the rad cap? If the head gasket goes, i think you should have a white plume in your exhaust out the pipe.

• face_plant

Posted March 31, 2008 - 09:10 AM

funny question
but do you turn off the fuel when you park it?

mine sat open for 3 weeks and i was doing an oil change, opened the tank bolt and nothing came out AHHHHHHHH
in a panic state i ripped off the bash plate, opened the case bolt and it was puking gas out of the drain hole

it turned my red klotz oil into a foamy blackish nightmare of a sight

• MountainMax

Posted March 31, 2008 - 12:42 PM

there is nothing in the coolant and no sign of white smoke, and i do not turn off my fuel, I guess I will start to though, just to see.....

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.