04 yz 450 pipe upgrade

5 replies to this topic
  • zedthumper

Posted March 20, 2008 - 12:51 PM

Hi folks,
I am contemplating a putting a new pipe on my yz, and leaning to the fmf factory 4.1 full system (powerbomb header). The bike runs well with the stock pipe, but I want to personlize it a bit and add some bling.

Any thoughts on whether this pipe is a good choice? My local shop recommends this pipe, but I thought I would check here to get some real world experience and feedback.

Thanks in advance.

• bkklett

Posted March 20, 2008 - 12:56 PM

Dirt rider mag did an article on the 03 yz exhaust shootout, It might give you some idea. :confused:

• zedthumper

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:05 PM

Hey that looks like a great article. thanks for the tip!
I will now go back and read it in detail...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • EGPeil

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:10 PM

You cannot go wrong with that pipe. I don't know if the pipe makers have upgraded their pipes for previous yr bikes but in 04 that pipe produced the most hp for that bike.

I have an 03 and wanted the FMF BUT went w/ a WB Aluminum Pro because I got it cheap on eBay. I am not sorry because it is also a good pipe and I felt a big dif. FMF, WB, Dr.D, Procircut - their stuff is all great. My one suggestion would be unless you have money to burn look at the non-titanium models - you'll save a couple bills. FMF, WB and Procircut all have non-titanium version of their top of the line titanium pipe - a little heavier then titanium with the same performance increase but still lighter then your stock pipe.

P.S. there are good deals on eBay - just make sure the seller has a good record and use PayPal - don't send cash or check.

• Racer808

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:31 PM

Check out Yoshimura, I was a big Dr D fan till I tried my first Yosh system!!!!

• zedthumper

Posted March 20, 2008 - 03:18 PM

There is definitely a big difference in price if I order from the US (I am in Canada). Even after shipping, duty, etc., I think I would save about $200 for a complete system.

Thanks for the quick replies and your advice. :confused:

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.