FMF Q4 vs. Dr.D

4 replies to this topic
  • mavis0826

Posted March 20, 2008 - 12:17 PM

I can't decide which one. I know about the oil filter bolt and I can live with that. My question is power vs. sound. I don't want something super loud, but more sound then stock. I first pick is Dr.D but I'm worried about sound. Can someone help me?

• TooFast

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:28 PM

I just bought a Q4 for my 08 - if you send me the Dr D I'll let you know how they compare

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Idaho450

Posted March 20, 2008 - 04:34 PM

how's the q4 compared to stock with respect to power/sound?

• ANGRYSHERIFF

Posted March 21, 2008 - 12:47 PM

My 2007 WR450 has the Q4 on it with the stock header. It definetly sounds better than stock. It's quiet though without a doubt. I was out riding one day and the Forest Service LEO's had a sound check station set up in the parking lot. One of the LEO's came and asked me if she could check my bike. I said, "Sure." She then looked down and saw the Q4 and told me, "Nevermind, I don't need to check it." She then walked away. If you are worried about volume get the Q4. There was also a noticeable power gain when I got the Q4. (It also looks really good on the bike).

• Idaho450

Posted March 21, 2008 - 05:46 PM

Cool!

How do you have it jetted?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.