2002 426

7 replies to this topic
  • jrny426

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:36 AM

I notice on alot of 426 threads that it's mainly 00 and 01 years being talked about..is that because the 02 weren't as popular because the the 03 450 was arond the corner ..just a theory maybe I way off:confused:

• shawnspawn

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:00 PM

I believe it's because the 02 did not have the issues that the 00,01 had. ie: clutch problem was fixed, and the 02 has the titanium valves.

The 02 is a popular bike, many of us just have nothing to comlain about. :confused:

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:04 PM

the 02 are pretty much bullet proof.. i still have the original valves in mine, and they have necer been out of alignment. they are just that good.

• grayracer513

Posted March 20, 2008 - 01:13 PM

I believe it's because the 02 did not have the issues that the 00,01 had. ie: clutch problem was fixed, and the 02 has the titanium valves.

The 02 is a popular bike, many of us just have nothing to comlain about. :confused:

The '01 had the upgraded clutch AND titanium valves AND the splined balancer gear. The '02 was almost no different from the '01 at all other than minor tweaks to the suspension. The only reason the '01 might get mentioned more is probably because that year was the break point for those mods to come into the market, and because people tend to think of the '02 as being so little different, they subconsciously include it in any discussion of the '01.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrny426

Posted March 20, 2008 - 05:08 PM

Good to know

• 642MX

Posted March 20, 2008 - 05:54 PM

I notice on alot of 426 threads that it's mainly 00 and 01 years being talked about..is that because the 02 weren't as popular because the the 03 450 was arond the corner ..just a theory maybe I way off:confused:

You should remember that Honda came out the CRF450R in 02 and dealers had money down before they hit the showroom floors.

Before 02, Honda didn't have anything to compete with the YZF, so they may have been more popular in 00-01.

I bought my 2002 model in December of 2001. It was a Christmas gift to myself. I didn't know much about the CRF, so I went with what was available and proven.

• DirtMongrel

Posted March 20, 2008 - 06:35 PM

You got the same chistmas gift I did, except mine came early, Nov '01 I got my '02 426 awesome bike. But now its time to let someone have the fun, she is up for sale. I think i'll miss her more then any bike I've ever owned :excuseme: If I didn't break it hitting a tree or some other type of crash, it just wouldn't break... its the most indestructible bike ever Yami hit the mark with this one :confused:

• shawnspawn

Posted March 21, 2008 - 10:24 PM

The '01 had the upgraded clutch AND titanium valves AND the splined balancer gear. The '02 was almost no different from the '01 at all other than minor tweaks to the suspension. The only reason the '01 might get mentioned more is probably because that year was the break point for those mods to come into the market, and because people tend to think of the '02 as being so little different, they subconsciously include it in any discussion of the '01.

Good to know, I thought there was something they also fixed from 01 to 02. good thing Grayracer knows all :confused:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.