New Guy with '08 YZ450F

10 replies to this topic
  • jareda51

Posted March 19, 2008 - 09:49 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum as I just purchased an 08 YZ450F. I'm 28 and live in northern Utah. I've been out of the dirt bike game for awhile and am new to 4 strokes so I'm sure this forum will definitely be a great resource for me. I've never raced and don't plan on it...just like to ride trails, dunes, and mess around on a track every once in awhile. I'm also into choppers and Harley's as well.

So far I've just done the basics, new plastics, SiksPak sticker kit, and Works skid plate. I have a Dr. D stainless system, Renthal O-Ring chain and 50t sprocket to throw on as well. Hopefully I can get them on before our dune trip this weekend. I'm still waiting on black lower fork covers and a black One Industries Gripper seat cover.

Seems to be alot of knowledgeable people here on the forum so hopefully I can learn something!

Here are a few pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• ThumperKid250F

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:28 AM

first all black alumframed yz ive seen..

good luck with it :confused:

• jrny426

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:33 AM

Pretty sweet!!

• jareda51

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:37 AM

Thanks! Yea I have sort of a sick obsession with black.

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted March 20, 2008 - 08:15 AM

Did it start as the blue one or the white one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jareda51

Posted March 20, 2008 - 08:25 AM

It started as a white one. As soon as I find a sticker kit I like for the white I'll replace the stock graphics on those plastics and have two sets.

• flip N stitch

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Any beers in the stand.

• jareda51

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:23 AM

Haha, yea there's probably a few in there. The stand I ordered still hasn't got here so I figure a Coleman was the next best thing.

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:42 AM

It started as a white one. As soon as I find a sticker kit I like for the white I'll replace the stock graphics on those plastics and have two sets.

I was gunna say that if I were going to change the plastics I wouldnt fork over the other 100 for the white, but since you are going to keep them cool.

• jareda51

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:53 AM

I didn't pay any extra for the white. A guy had bought the bike then decided he didn't want it before he even picked it up so the dealership bought it back and sold it to me. I got it for about $400 cheaper than the best deal I could find on a blue '08 with the current rebate at the time plus I didn't have to pay a setup charge. It was worth it to me since the bike was still brand new and there isn't really a warranty on these anyway.

I plan on keeping the white plastics for a spare set myself.

• krzyaszwhiteboy

Posted March 20, 2008 - 10:53 AM

That works out perfect for you then. Oh yea the bike looks dope too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.