Clickers

7 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted March 19, 2008 - 01:48 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I know my spring rates, but cant say I know my clicker settings.
Im going to have to write them down
Do you guys know your settings and what you change them to for different terrain ?

I have a 04 with 5.6 in back
stock in front with Factory Connection revalve
And I like it a lot
I have only ridden in sand since I got it so I dont know what settings are for rocks and hardpack[/COLOR]

• MaxPower

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:13 PM

[COLOR="Green"]all the crazy things you guys do to tweak the WR motors (O Ring mods, YZ cams, 700 dollar pipes) and no one fine tunes their suspension other than sag?[/COLOR]

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 20, 2008 - 07:24 PM

[COLOR="Green"]all the crazy things you guys do to tweak the WR motors (O Ring mods, YZ cams, 700 dollar pipes) and no one fine tunes their suspension other than sag?[/COLOR]

None of us can remember our settings:busted:

I have .48 front and 5.6 in the back - stock valving. I am running 5WT in the front at max recommended height level based on manual. I am 210 lbs. "A" level racer.

Set up for a GP last weekend -

Front comp. - 1 click out from all the way in.
Front Rebound - 6 clicks out from all the way in.

Rear HS comp. - 5 clicks out from all the way in
Rear SS comp. - 1 1/2 turns out.
Rear Rebound - 6 clicks out from all the way in.

I don't know sheet about suspension, I just try and get it right for my taste. I think clicker settings are too subjective to compare with other riders and bikes...

If I am riding tight and tech woods I will usually go out on the compression and slow down the rebound as needed...

• SXP

Posted March 20, 2008 - 09:10 PM

Damn, Don! That thing must rattle your teeth loose!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SJMC_DON

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:23 AM

Damn, Don! That thing must rattle your teeth loose!

Nope... I would normally think the same but for the high speeds and larger downhill jumps with too often a flat landing it really worked well:excuseme: Remember.... this is stock valving, 5WT oil and I come in at a stealthy 210lbs... I like to think that I ride hard too :confused:

• SXP

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:52 AM

Nope... I would normally think the same but for the high speeds and larger downhill jumps with too often a flat landing it really worked well:excuseme: Remember.... this is stock valving, 5WT oil and I come in at a stealthy 210lbs... I like to think that I ride hard too :confused:

Here's something you might want to try since you are using the stock valving - at your next fork oil change try Mobil 1 ATF (the full synthetic stuff - about 5 bucks a quart). It's between 5-7W and you will probably have to back out (soften) your clickers about 2-3 clicks. The fork action really feels as slick as snot and the beauty of this oil is that the fork action remains fade free and consistent over a much longer period of time than regular fork oils - a plus under race conditions. Give it a shot. Another benefit is it will give you a little more adjustability as you are already running at 1 out from all the way in. I use it in both my 07 and 99s and love it.

• Wiz636

Posted March 21, 2008 - 07:58 AM

Front Rebound - 6 clicks out from all the way in.

Rear HS comp. - 5 clicks out from all the way in
Rear SS comp. - 1 1/2 turns out.
Rear Rebound - 6 clicks out from all the way in.

Holy crap! Don, you need a YZ (that statement might actually carry some weight if I could ever beat you on mine :confused:).

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 21, 2008 - 08:17 AM

Here's something you might want to try since you are using the stock valving - at your next fork oil change try Mobil 1 ATF (the full synthetic stuff - about 5 bucks a quart). It's between 5-7W and you will probably have to back out (soften) your clickers about 2-3 clicks. The fork action really feels as slick as snot and the beauty of this oil is that the fork action remains fade free and consistent over a much longer period of time than regular fork oils - a plus under race conditions. Give it a shot. Another benefit is it will give you a little more adjustability as you are already running at 1 out from all the way in. I use it in both my 07 and 99s and love it.

So thats Automatic Trans. Fluid? Thanks I'll try that :confused:

Holy crap! Don, you need a YZ (that statement might actually carry some weight if I could ever beat you on mine ).

Wiz.... All you need to do is steer clear of the barbed wire fences :excuseme:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.