noisy gears

8 replies to this topic
  • blackdog9

Posted March 19, 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hi you all!! I own a 2007 WRF 450, and when I disengage the clutch (as in Neutral gear) I hear more noise coming from tthe gearbox. My mechanic inspected clutch discs, the whole clutch assembly...and everything ok.
Though...noise is still there.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

• doctorchopper

Posted March 19, 2008 - 02:03 PM

my 05 does the exact same thing, i've searched a lot of threads and it seems to be a common problem with the wr's

• zukrider

Posted March 19, 2008 - 03:12 PM

my 07 does it also when in neutral clutch pulled in its pretty quiet let the clutch out and you here the gear noise.:confused:

• blackdog9

Posted March 19, 2008 - 04:29 PM

then I guess it`s normal....thanks a lot.:confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Demo_Slug

Posted March 19, 2008 - 05:55 PM

then I guess it`s normal....thanks a lot.:confused:

my 08 does that to. it worried me too. but they all seem to do it.

• nugstar

Posted August 12, 2009 - 03:47 AM

brand new 09 it make noise disengaged.. was also worried good to hear its normal thing...

• tribalbc

Posted August 12, 2009 - 06:42 AM

My 07 has always done the same. Figured it was normal.

• bwardipi

Posted August 12, 2009 - 06:47 PM

same, 08, quite normal

• Krannie McKranface

Posted August 12, 2009 - 07:04 PM

You need to change your mechanic.

He should know that all modern dirt bikes are quieter with the clutch disengaged.................

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.