Brake system question to smotard and others...

2 replies to this topic
  • sabin

Posted November 05, 2002 - 08:10 AM

I got 2 SM 17" rims for my WR426F 2002.

What I do is put in 21/18 wheels every friday evening and 17/17 sunday evening as I drive my bike all week in the city.

My problem is the front brake, as in the 17" rim I feel it's not good enough. So I want to change it to stronger brake system (bigger disk, better calipers?), but as I want to use the same disk for off and on-route it must not be too big.

So I guess the question is what is the biggest disk suitable for off-route?

What are your ideas fellas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smotard

Posted November 05, 2002 - 12:30 PM

Sabin the best thing to do here is fit a 320mm rotor and adapter bracket. That way you only have to take off the adapter bracket two bolts and your back to stock, Or you could fit a oversize rotor but you will need to buy two unless you want to keep moving the rotor from wheel to wheel.

Paul

• sabin

Posted November 05, 2002 - 10:53 PM

I was thinking the same thing, but if using different brake disks in the same pads is this not going to be a problem as the different disks have different wearing?

If I change the disks, on the other hand how will 320 handle in the woods?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.