XR's only Header with _____ exhaust can?

10 replies to this topic
  • Srad600

Posted March 18, 2008 - 08:14 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has tried using the XR's only header (seeing that it seems to be the only aftermarket header available for the XRL) with any aftermarket canisters from other manufacturers?

I'm looking at getting a WB E2 canister, but my headers are toast and was hoping to replace them w/the XR's only header...anyone try this (or similar combination) with any success? Thanks!

BTW this is for a '97 XR650L.

Oh, and awesome board! I've already done my first valve adjust thanks to many tips/tricks I read about on this board.:confused:

• Motosprtman

Posted March 19, 2008 - 05:25 AM

FMF makes a nice header for the XR650L also, $250.00

www.fmfracing.com

• Srad600

Posted March 19, 2008 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the FMF. I'm guessing most people run the stock headers with aftermarket slip-ons...:confused:

I was just curious if anyone tried a different combo. Maybe i'll give it a go and see how/if it matches up. :excuseme:

• mikesbaron

Posted April 01, 2008 - 10:47 AM

I'd like to know the same thing. I have a stock header on my 650R but a Pro Circuit slipon, it fits in place just like the stock muffler. With that...is there an aftermarket header then that would mount right up to the Pro circuit?

• Whiteman

Posted April 01, 2008 - 01:04 PM

Have you thought of doing the whole XR's system?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RyanWilliamCantrell

Posted April 01, 2008 - 03:44 PM

Will it fit with the Unabiker guards?

• XR_Aaron

Posted April 01, 2008 - 04:55 PM

I've been wondering the same thing for some time now. My bike came with a white bros. e series slip on and I'd like to get the XR's only header for it. Anyone used this combo? I don't see why it wouldn't work but I want to make sure before I drop $200 on the header

• whiplash450

Posted April 02, 2008 - 03:59 AM

I have a XR's only system on my 02 and I like it.It fits nice and looks clean.As far as performance I really dont know cuz the bike
came with it and I don't have any thing to compare to

• Srad600

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:43 PM

I ended up skipping the XR's only header and going with the full FMF. I really wanted to try it but worried that i'd spend the money on the header and it wouldn't fit anything...still curious if anyone has tried it though.

• martinfan30

Posted April 02, 2008 - 05:51 PM

I ended up skipping the XR's only header and going with the full FMF. I really wanted to try it but worried that i'd spend the money on the header and it wouldn't fit anything...still curious if anyone has tried it though.

Try contacting "Whiteman". He has it on his L.

http://www.thumperta...y header xr650l

• Huffa 2

Posted April 02, 2008 - 07:10 PM

The stock header can be made to look nicer then the aftermarket ones and with a Jet Hot coat job inside and out, is more durable too and most likely will out perform them too.

Pic in my "garage".

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.